Chapter 0

Do you ever get bored of your same schedule? Do you ever crave something? Do you ever wish that something exciting would happen for once and maybe last for a lifetime? You just never want it to stop. You want it all the time. 

That's exactly what our oh so beloved SBI were thinking. Sure, it's fun to get your hands messy and trying out different experiments on your prey like a fucking sadist, but when you do it repeatedly, it becomes insanity. It gets tiring to hear people's pleas and begs to be spared no matter how much you're used to it. Even the rewards the SBI receives aren't as pleasing anymore. The food can never be sustained for long. It's the same dull taste over and over. Not fun. No excitement. No challenge. No change. Boring. Lady Luck seemed to have agreed.

A blessing, really. As that "difficult, most infuriating bitch," in Tommy's words was, well…basically what Tommy said. None of the SBI could really object to that. Everytime they captured a fresh one, it would never last for more than a week. Two weeks if Lady Luck was feeling merciful. But really, like I said again previously, it was a boring life. Imagine this: you wake up, you eat a reasonable amount of meat from the previous days and go to whatever work was required of you. After your shift ends, it is up to you to find your next meal. Yes, I said find. As in the creepy, "stalking" way. You have to saunter your leftover energy to find that fresh meat and if you don't, you might as well see yourself as a meal. 

It goes on like this for days, weeks..months…years… just hunting around for food like an animal. Until, a miracle happens to you. Well, a sick one anyways. Your new meat looks ordinary but turns out, it's a completely different story that ends up benefiting both of you. 

Hm. Maybe Lady Luck isn't so horrible after all.