Chapter 17

Bucky POV
The next couple weeks went by and everything stayed calm and peaceful. Tony had told SHIELD we were all taking a couple months off from missions unless it was something only we could do.

They respected that and only Fury checked in every once in awhile to see how we were. Y/N had returned to training and was now also training with Wanda since their powers were similar.

Watching her hone and learn control over her power made me even more amazed by her and it finally hit me one day. "Hey doll I think I'm gonna go out with Steve today, is that ok?" I asked her one morning. "Of course hun, you don't have to ask, enjoy it I'm gonna do some training today so I will be occupied no worries," she said to me kissing me sweetly.

I smiled down at her, mesmerized by her. After everything she had been through she had handled things so well. She still had some nightmares but they were starting to become less and less too. She is so strong I thought to myself.

"What is it James?" She asked me tilting her head to the side. "Nothing, I love you doll more than anything," I said to her.

Steve knocked on the door then, asking if Bucky was coming. "Yup be right there brother," I said to him. I kissed her again before leaving with Steve.

We got into a car and Steve looked over at me and asked, "so you never did tell me what this was about man, where we going?" I smiled up at him. "I want your help picking out a ring," I said to him.

He looked confused and then it hit him. He looked up a place and plugged it into the GPS and we headed out.

"She's gonna love it Bucky," Steve said to me a little later as we were coming out of the jewelry store. "You think she will say yes?" I asked him nervous all of a sudden.

He laughed then said, "I don't think she's the one you need to worry about. You know you gotta ask Tony first right?" I could feel the color drain from my face and realized, "Shit you're right. How the hell am I supposed to do that?" I asked him suddenly filled with fear. This is the only time I have ever been scared about facing Tony.

Steve saw my face and stopped me by my shoulders, "Relax Bucky, deep down I think he actually likes you. It will be ok," he said relaxing me for a minute.

We headed back to the compound in silence as I thought about what I wanted to say to him. As we pulled in to the garage I could see Tony in the lab with Bruce and Y/N. Steve looked over at me, asking, "you ready for this man?"

I nodded and we both got out of the car. I kept focusing on what I was gonna say to Tony so when Y/N saw my face she thought something was wrong. "Everything alright?" She asked.

I looked at her and smiled. "Of course doll," I replied kissing her cheek. She smiled in relief and went back to what Bruce was teaching her.

"Uh Tony can I talk to you for a second?" I asked him looking serious. He stood up looking at me confused. Then seeing my face he said, "Yup come with me tin can."

I saw Y/N stare at us as we walked to his office. I closed the door behind me and he went and sat at his desk, "So what's up? You alright?"

I started pacing the room trying to figure out how to say it and finally just decided to spit it out. "OK but you have to let me just say what I need to ok please just let me spit it out. Ok so you know I love Y/N and will do anything to make her happy right. I also realize that I may not necessarily be the person you would have wanted her to be with," I stopped and looked straight at Tony and saw him smiling when I finally asked, "Tony Stark may I please have your permission to ask for your daughter's hand in marriage?"