Prologue

Inspector Jake Lučiano pulls down the phone from his ear and presses the screen. He looks up in concert, mouth dry, eyes still.

His man comes near him and stands there.

“What happened?” asks Jake pocketing his phone and now facing him.

“This happened.” he shows a hockey stick broken down into two parts. “Sir we literally heard his bones breaking.”

Jake looking at the hockey stick. He's shocked as much as his employee is.

“And what could you pull out of his mouth?” asks Jake.

His employees shakes his head, “Nothing but-- laughter.”

Lučiano sucks a breath leanings his head down and nods in ‘okay’

Later on Lučiano himself goes in the police torture room. There's a young man laying on a wooden armchair, literally bathed in his own blood. He's an Indian, curly dark brown hair, skinny and tall boy.

“Zayn...” calls inspector Lučiano standing in front of him arms crossed.

Zayn opens his shiny grey eyes and struggles to rises his head so he can look direct in his eyes. He tries to laugh but pain don't let him. He tries again but ends up choking his own blood that he splits on his feet. He then gasps barely breathing.

Lučiano clenches his jaws, “You know you'll die in here if you don't tell me about him.”

“Where is he, where's the leader of your whole gang?”

Zayn bursts into laughter like he actually heard a joke. The laughter causes him even more pain that he sucks a deep breath and lays back into the chair, “Fuçk!” groans.

Lučiano bends so he can look in his eyes, “You seem such an innocent boy. What amount of evil made you like this? How much do you have to break to built up like-- youu?” face gestures his disgust as he says ‘you.’

“No body's born with a gun. This cruel world and its motherfuçkin people hands you one. They are the reason that an innocent boy became me.” his face gestures pride when he says ‘me.’

Lučiano stands straight and crosses his arms again, “What's your story then? I must know how much evil is required to end up like you.”

Zayn again struggles to look up and moans as has finally straighten his neck. He laughs...