Chapter 7 - Not Being Honest

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Studio Room

Yukina's POV

I found myself once again in the studio room at CiRCLE with my band. This reservation was made in advance, so as much as I want to be here, I really didn't want. The whole time, I was feeling distracted. I kept thinking (Y/N), and his behavior towards Lisa. It's beginning to bother me a lot, and I wished it stopped.

"Oh man, I messed up again!" Ako complained out of nowhere.

"That phrase... is hard, right?" Rinko asked.

"Yeah, but I don't think I can ever do it." She sighed.

"Well, Udagawa-san, complaining about it isn't going to make it better, will it?" Sayo asked. "The only thing you can do is practice until you get it right."

"You have a good point." Ako sighed.

I feel envious of everyone else right now. They're practicing with ease, unlike me who can't seem to focus at all.

"Now now, I'll admit that there are some parts of the song that I am struggling with, too." Lisa said.

"Same too." Rinko said.

"Yeah, same..." Sayo sighed in defeat.

"Well, the only thing we can do now is practice until we can get it right. What do you think, Yukina?" Lisa asked me.

However, I didn't respond to her. I was too busy being lost in my own thoughts, and everyone was starting to notice this.

"Yu-ki-na!" Lisa called out as she waved her hand in front of my face.

"Huh? I'm sorry, did you say something?" I asked.

"Is everything okay, Minato-san? You seem to being spacing out for a while." Sayo said.

"Oh, yeah, I guess." I replied. "I probably didn't get enough sleep last night."

"Well, you do tend to stay up late every now and then." Lisa said.

"I'm sorry, I'll try to get some extra sleep tonight." I told everyone.

And just like that, rehearsals went on like they normally do.
______________________________________

30 minutes later...

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Lobby

I figured now it would be a good opportunity to take a break from rehearsals and headed to the cafe for a snack. Entering the lobby, I noticed (Y/N) talking to Marina about something important, and before I knew it, my heart started racing.

It wouldn't be long before they noticed me, but I tried my best to keep a straight face.

"Hey Yukina-chan, taking a break?" Marina asked.

"Yeah, I was feeling hungry and was hoping to get a snack." I replied.

"Oh, well (Y/N)-san is about to go on a break himself. Maybe you two can hang out together." Marina suggested.

I felt my heart skip a beat when I heard that. Getting a chance to be alone with (Y/N) will be the best thing that has ever happened to me. Well, technically it did happened, but I wasn't aware of my feelings back then.

"I think it's a fine idea." (Y/N) replied as he looked towards me. Now my heart is beating faster than before.

"Yukina, do you want to join me?" He asked.

"Yes, I would like to." I said and smiled.

And so, the two of us walked outside.
______________________________________

Location - Live House CiRCLE, Cafe

The two of us bought some snacks and sat outside enjoying the fresh air. However, we did say anything to each other, which felt a little bit awkward. I want to say something to him, but I don't know what to say. But he spoke up first.

"So, how is rehearsals going?" He asked.

"Fine, I guess." I answered.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

He's asking me if I am okay? I don't know how to answer that, to be honest. If I told him what was wrong with me, how will he take it? I'm thinking way too much into this.

"Yukina? Are you feeling okay?" He asked again.

"Forgive me, just feeling a bit tired." I said and cleared my throat.

"Oh, just make sure to get plenty of rest tonight. A vocalist needs to be well rested." He said.

"Right, I'll keep that in mind. I'm sorry if I made you worry." I sighed.

"Oh, it's completely fine." He said and finished his snack.

I finished my snack, too, and (Y/N) walked back to CiRCLE, leaving me alone for a bit.

"That could've gone better..." I said to myself.
______________________________________

That evening...

Location - Minato Residence, Yukina's Room

Finally, the day was over. I thought it was never going to end. When it did end, though, I went straight home and avoided Lisa, even though we always go home together. When I got to my room, I let out a deep sigh, then I heard someone calling my name.

"Yukina!"

That was Lisa's voice. I don't know if I want to talk to her right now, though.

"Yukina! Please come out!"

There she goes again. I guess I can't ignore her forever, so I opened my window and stared at her.

"There you are, I thought I was going to be ignored all night." She said.

"Did you want something Lisa?" I asked.

"I wanted to see how you were doing, since it felt like something was off." She said.

I guess Lisa could see right through me, huh? That is to be expected, considering we have known each other for years.

"Yukina, please be honest with me." She pleaded.

I let out a sigh before speaking.

"Lisa... do you have a crush on (Y/N)-kun?" I asked.

Lisa widened her eyes.

"What? No way!" She answered.

She doesn't love him?

"Are you sure about that?" I asked again.

"Yeah, I am sure. I don't have any intentions of stealing him from my best friend." She said.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked one last time.

"Yukina, I knew you had a crush on (Y/N) for a while, so what good would it do me if I dated him?"

At least I can relax, knowing that Lisa doesn't have feelings for him.

"How did you know I had a crush on him?" I asked.

"It was obvious, based on the way you are towards him." Lisa said.

"Oh, I see."

"But the question is, what are you going to do about it?" Lisa asked.

I thought about it for a while. I want (Y/N) to be my boyfriend, but how do I even confess to him? Then I remembered the song we were working on earlier today, and that gave me an idea.

"Actually, I do have an idea that might just work." I said and explained it to Lisa, who seemed to like this idea. I just hope it'll work.

To be continued

A/N: Thank you guys for reading chapter 7, and I hoped you like it. There isn't much for me to say on here, so see you in the next chapter and have a good one.

[Word count - 1,160]