finally home

Finally, I was home. I'm convinced that it was the worst day of my life. So much homework and confusing work made my mind flood with stress. I arrived in my room, clothes were on the floor because I was too lazy to pick them up, cups and plates because I didn't have any energy to take them downstairs and wash them. I thought of when I last did it. When I last felt real pain. I miss it.

My mom burst into my room and squealed.
"Honey! There's a handsome boy waiting for you outside!" She exclaimed. A handsome boy? Was it the handsome boy from earlier?

I raced downstairs and peeped through the hole in my door. It was him from the hallway. The door opened. "Hey! Myles right?" I said.

"Yep, that's me haha." He said

"Haha, thought so. So what are you doing here? And how did you find out where I lived?" I asked, trying not to sound rude.

"I get on your bus and saw you get off, you may not have seen me because I sit at the back with my bro Arlo." He said with a slight chuckle.

"Ohh, that makes sense! I thought you were like a stalker or something!" I said awkwardly and smiled.

"Would you like to come in?"

"Oh yeah sure, thanks!" He said with a bright smile.

We both stepped into the house and sat on the sofa. We talked for hours about how awful school is. I don't think I've ever related to someone as much as I do to Myles. Am I attracted to him?

"So who's Arlo?" I asked.

"He's my best friend, known each other since 4th grade. He wasn't at school today because he got suspended last week for getting into a fight with this dude. He won, obviously." Said Myles.

He sounds mean, who would want to be friends with a jerk like him?