Charles Leclerc - Italy baby

The story was written based on true events that happend in the GP of Hungary two years ago.
—————————————————————————
You woke up to your alarm that went off, 7 am. Getting up early wasn't your favorite thing to do but for a weekend full of F1 it was totally worth it.

It was the last race before the summer break and you were absolutely ready for it. You took a quick shower, brushed your teeth, put some makeup on and put on some warm but loose clothes for the first day of practice.

You made your way down the stairs and walked to the breakfast buffet. Your nose filled itself with the smell of freshly baked croissants, eggs and bacon. You grabbed some yogurt and fruits and sat down at one of the tables. You forgot something to drink so you walked to the coffee corner and got yourself an espresso. Somebody stood next to you, he said nothing so you greeted him in a friendly way.  "Good morning." "Morning." He mumbled back. "Not a morning person huh." You smiled at him. "No, I am not." He said shortly. Not a morning person, that was something you definitely could tell.

You walked back to your place and started your breakfast. Your eyes widened and you almost choked on a piece of pineapple when you realized to who you were just talking. Charles. Fucking. Leclerc. This day couldn't start any better.

After you finished your bowl of yogurt you went back to the buffet to get a croissant and some fresh orange juice. "Hey, I am sorry for earlier. I slept through my alarm so I am already behind on my schedule. I am a little grumpy." Charles said when he stood next to you, again. ''Your apologie is unnecessary but accepted.'' You took the carafe with orange juice and poured yourself a glass. ''Good luck today.'' You said and walked away.

The next morning
You had a terrible night, your neighbors were making so much noise. You barely slept four hours, so it was going to be a long, long day. You were looking for something to eat, maybe some scrambled eggs or yogurt again? You reached for the last plate with scrambled eggs when you touched someone else's hand. ''We didn't even properly introduce ourselves to each other and you're already grabbing for my hand.'' A familiar voice said, it was Charles. You looked at him, trying to find a hint of sarcasm but he looked deadly serious. After a few seconds his lips cracked in to huge smile.

"I am y/n.'' ''I am Charles, nice to meet you.'' You shook his hand. "Nice to meet you too." ''You can take the eggs, I'll get something else." You said and offered him the plate. ''Or we can share the plate?'' Charles suggested. ''Are you sure?'' He nodded. He grabbed you an empty plate and split the scrambled eggs in two. ''Thanks for sharing.'' You said to him and tried to walk away. "You're not the happy person you were yesterday." "I am very tired, my neighbours were very loud. If you know what I mean." Charles chuckled softly. "Good luck today, I will be cheering for you from the stands." "Thank you, y/n. I am going to need it." "You're going to do great, I believe in you." You wanted to squeeze his shoulder but you changed your mind last second and walked to an empty table to eat your breakfast.

The morning of the race
"Good morning." Charles said happily. It was the third day in a row you ran into each other at the buffet. "Good morning to you too, you seem happy?" You asked. "Yeah, I see a lot of opportunities today." "Well, I will be watching you on the big screen again. Make it count." "Or you can watch it on a smaller screen in the pit box?" Did he just ask you to see the race from up close? "Are you serious?" You couldn't believe your ears. "Yeah, deadly serious. So if you want to, this is for you." He handed you a paddock pass. "Thank you so much, Charles." He just smiled at you, like it was nothing. "Can I give you a hug?" You asked him for permission before you squished him like a stuffed animal, this was so generous of him. Charles opened his arms for you and you hugged him.

"Do you want to eat breakfast together?" You asked him. "Yeah sure." He followed you to a table and sat down. You talked a bit but then it was already time to leave and go to the circuit. Charles offered to drive you there, which you happily took.