Carlos Sainz - Baby

This is a sequel to "favorita enfermera." But you can read the chapters separately from each other. Enjoy!
—————————————————————————

It's almost four years ago since you met Carlos in the hospital. Carlos got admitted with dehydration and you were one of the nurses who took care of him. He was there for about five days and you got along very well. You were his favorita enfermera and because of that, he gifted you two tickets for a formula one race of your choice.

After he got discharged you lost contact with him, simply because you didn't have his phone number. The only way you could reach out to him was through Instagram dm or you could see him at one of the Grand Prix where he gifted you tickets for. You chose the second option, only was it not the next week you saw him but eight months later.

You were a bit ashamed that you caught feelings for him so fast, so you thought that if you stayed away from him they would fade away. Only after eight months, they were still there and after seeing him it felt like a zoo was running around in your stomach. One of the first things you did when you saw him again was exchange numbers so you didn't need to cope with the problem of not being able to reach out to each other again. After that one time you visited Carlos at the Grand Prix of Barcelona in 2019, you visited him six more times that year.

When you visited him at the last race of the 2019 season Carlos confessed his feelings for you and luckily for Carlos, you had feelings for him too. Carlos and you started dating right away and on New Year's Eve, he asked you to be his girlfriend. Since then you have visited all the races in Europe and when he had a week off you tried to visit him at his home as often as possible, which was now in Maranello, Italy. You loved to visit him on the race weekends but you loved it even more to stay with him in Italy. It felt like coming home and even though you were not officially living together you were most of the time spending time together at his house and sometimes he came and stayed at your apartment in London.

The hospital you worked at was very understanding with your boyfriend's job so you could easily work six shifts in a row and then be free for a week and a half. Just like now, you had worked seven shifts in a row and now you are free for two weeks. You were happy that you finished your shifts because the last few days you felt like shit and it only got worse. You blamed Carlos for it. Since he cooked a new dish with fish last week when he stayed at your place you felt sick and had to throw up ever since.

You made a quick stop at your apartment before you drove to the airport. It was time to fly to Italy, to visit Carlos for two days and then you would fly together to Miami to watch the race there.

You texted Carlos that you were about to board the plane. He sent you a picture back as an answer with his thumb up and a huge smile on his face. Carlos was covered in sweat, he was probably working out. You had to admit, sweaty Carlos was one of your favorite views.

Luckily it was a short flight to Italy and before you knew it the cab dropped you off at Carlos his address. That night he took you out for dinner and it was absolutely magical. The restaurant was quite dark, there were some candles lit on the tables and little lights hanging on the ceiling, but that was it. The lights looked like little fireflies and it felt like you were living in a fairytale.

After dinner, you got to drive Carlos' awesome Ferrari and you decided to drive to the nearest river instead of going home immediately. You got out of the car and walked for a while. When you walked hand in hand you saw a falling star. "Make a wish, y/n." Carlos whispered in your ear. You looked him in his eyes, made a wish and kissed him on the lips. "What did you wish for?" "I can't tell you, otherwise it won't come true." "But I am your boyfriend, no secrets for me." He pouted his lips. "You sealed it with a kiss so I can't tell you." You laughed again and kissed him again. The rest of the evening was as magical as it began.