The fall of Matthew

A/N; settle down folks! This is a long ass chapter. I've tried to make it as accurate as possible. Please forgive any grammatical or spelling mistakes. This has taken me hours to do but again! I enjoyed writing it please show me love and tell me what you think I love hearing your views.

Adrian rushed to get ready to face the music, he quickly cleaned his baby up, dressed him in a fresh diaper and a cosy all in one sleep suit. He grabbed a ready made to go bag for his little dude who barely made a noise throughout the whole encounter. Koda felt numb, empty... yet still in so much unbearable pain.
Grabbing some files and his laptop bag swung over his shoulder whilst carrying his beautiful baby in his arms Adrian ran out the house into the waiting car.
He sat Koda on the seat next to him as he made a call to his lawyer demanding someone be available for a online conference call the moment he gets into the building. He also calls his office secretary demanding some assistance to be arranged for the pending meeting.
Adrian had a plan, he wasn't about to spiral out of control. Not after everything he has risked these past few months. It's not a solid plan as the meeting today was very unexpected but, Adrian didn't just get where he was today being a multi billionaire by good looks alone. He's a smart man. He talks a good talk. Let's hope his charming smile and dominant charisma gets him out of this scrutiny on top. Even if he has to trample on his best friend to get there. Matthew bought all this on himself, Adrian thought determinedly. Something didn't sit very well with him though, where all board of directors here in person? If so,how did they get here this quickly from New York?
He pondered the questions in his mind silently.
As he settled down for the lengthy car journey into the little community town he grabbed Koda from the seat next to him and sat him on his lap, facing toward him.
Koda sat up facing the man with glossy eyes.
Adrian masked a little side smile, reaching for kodas baby blue diaper bag he pulls out a purple space, galaxy designed adult paci. Holding it up to kodas lips all Adrian had to do was raise his brow for Koda to pucker his lips accepting the foreign object to be shoved into his mouth.
"Good boy." Adrian whispers.
Pushing his babies back slightly so Koda nearly falls into the mans chest, he gently orders him to relax. Reluctantly, with much difficulty Koda leans his head on Adrian's shoulder, snuggling close to his neck. Breathing steady deep breaths the young boy doesn't try stop the noiseless tears that escape his eyes.
Adrain nonchalantly begins to rub circles on the bottom of his boys back.
"I need you to take a little nap for me baby." Adrian quietly whispers right into kodas ear.
Koda nods slightly.
Feeling the movement of his boys nod Adrian praises him once more and tells him to close his eyes.
Not needing to be told twice Koda closes his barely open eyes. A few moments later he slips into deep sleep.
Adrian continues rubbing circles into his back subconsciously as he looks at all the forest trees slowly turn into houses and residential areas before long they hit the centre of town, pulling into the underground parking Adrain readies himself for what's to come.
Trying to keep his boy asleep he gently manoeuvres himself out of the car asking the driver to grab his belongings from the back.
He hugs Koda close to him as the underground car park sweeps a cool breeze over them. Walking confidently he waits patiently at the elevator. Being able to grab his files and laptop bag he swings the long strap of his bag over his shoulder while he takes kodas rucksack style diaper bag in his hand to hold.
As soon as the elevator dings to the correct floor his flustered assistant is there waiting within seconds. He shoves his bags at the assistant to carry as he still holds his sleeping baby in his arms.
"Are they all here?" He asks curtly as he begins to walk past a reception desk down a hallway not caring to glance at the help.
"Yes sir, the big conference room next to your office." The mousy voice replies.
"I need you in there with me to set up my laptop and record notes while you organise my paper notes." Adrian informed the young women whilst he made haste into the filled conference room.
As he walked in all the little chattered noise and small talk died down at once.
Adrian, being the last to enter the room was stared up at by at least twenty middle aged to older aged gentlemen.
Adrian smiled a charming warm smile at the room.
"Good afternoon gentlemen." He cheerily greeted.
Matthew, who was standing in a sharp, clean suit at the end of the long oval table, in front of a big white board sneered at his partner.
"We were beginning to think you were no longer going to make it." Matthew commented.
Adrian felt his veins begin to boil with anger, nonetheless he smiled warmly.
"Well, you know what it's like I had to get my little man ready and he was in dire need of a nap..." Adrian trailed off happily resting his head against his sleeping boys.
"Oh sorry Matthew, I guess you don't know what that is like." Adrian continued to smile as he sat at the other end of the large table. His assistant didn't need to be asked to start getting his laptop and things sorted out.
"Let's start now that we are all here" Adrian quickly brushed off the looks Matthew was directing at him.
"Oh I saved a space for you up the front with me right here Mr. Pennington." Matthew pointed to an empty chair.
Adrian looked up at him.
"Oh don't worry I am fine here thank you. I'm all set up now. Please, allow me one moment to call my attorney to add them to the meeting, will only take a second." Adrian proceeded to log into his laptop with his one free hand while the other held Koda securely to his chest.
"That's not necessary our legal team for the company is already here?" Matthew sits down at the other end of the long table pointing a pen at two men in cheap suits with iPads and books on the table.
Adrian looks up at them briefly between sorting out his laptop.
"Yes, I noticed that when I walked in. Unfortunately Mr. Graham they work for the company, and although it is my company I feel I need my personal attorney here with me today also. For legal reasons only. That's not a problem is it?" Adrian looks around the room to see any objections in the boards faces.
They all look between each other curiously. For a brief second worry crosses Matthews features before he breaks out in a fixed smile. He suddenly realised his business partner has an alternative motive for this meeting.
"You let us know when you are ready, it's not like we haven't already been waiting for you." Matthew bites back professionally.
"No need to wait, please let's go around the room and introduce ourselves maybe? Save a little time." Adrian raises his eyebrows politely at Matthew.
A small smile and nod is returned to him as Matthew starts by introducing himself as a CEO and co owner with equal split shares to Adrian.
Adrian stops him mid sentence.
"Uh sorry Mr. Graham, but as I recall the last time I checked I was a majority shareholder. Remember last year? You where uh... struggling financially... remember? The law suit and all? I bought 10% of your shares to help you out." Adrian pointed out happily.
"I paid you back!" Matthew retorted.
"Yes, but he didn't buy back the shares. Did he?" Adrian turns to the legal team and the chief financial officer.
They both scramble through files, one looking through a large folder the other frantically tapping on their iPad screen.
If looks could kill, once again Adrian would be dead.  Matthew seethed quietly in his seat.
The one searching on the iPad piped up.
"Oh here is where Mr. Pennington bought the 10% shares back in June last year. Unfortunately I can not see any record of Mr. Graham buying back those shares." He cast the iPad screen of the records to the white board behind Matthew.
"Thank you for clearing that up. Now please let's get on with introductions for the minutes so we can start this meeting properly." Adrian quickly spoke to avoid Matthews input.
There were introductions from all team areas; the chief financial officer, the chief operating officer, chief marketing, and of course the legal team.
This large group of men form the board of directors for the whole entire business. With Adrian and Matthew both chairmen and owners of the company.
"Great, now that is out the way I would like to bring your attention to why I felt the need to call this urgent meeting this afternoon" Mathew started to click and type on his laptop as he spoke.
Adrian sat quietly watching with anticipation, all while Koda quietly snored on his chest. The billionaire couldn't help but feel at peace holding his boy so close to him right now. Smelling his freshly washed hair, feeling the warmth of his body. Every now me again he would rest his own head against his babies, inhaling his scent in deeply.
"Right this is it." Matthew announced standing from his chair.
He moved to the side so everyone could see the white board and what he had cast to the screen from his laptop. He stroked his tie proudly leaving his hand resting on his stomach. It was the company bank statements.
Adrian was the least shocked as light chatter started to rise in the room.
"If I can bring your attention to the $250,000 expense which was paid to our local national police service here in this towns major city." Matthew paused briefly to gain everyone's attention.
Before continuing with a smug grin directed at Adrian.
" I firstly, as I'm sure the whole room would love an explanation as to why so much money was donated all at once to the local police force. Also, an explanation from our financial team as to why so much money was processed and approved without notifying the board or atleast myself and Mr. Pennington." Matthew finished sitting back down once more.
Adrian still looked as calm and ready as ever. He looked over at the CFO(chief financial officer) who was scrambling together paperwork.
There was an uproar of everyone speaking at once asking Matthew questions, prying at the legal team. Questions came firing at Adrian just the same.
"If I can have your attention please." Adrian barely spoke over the buzz of words.
"Please, it has taken me a rather long time to get my baby boy to sleep, I understand this is not the best circumstances me bringing him to work but until I find appropriate childcare needs are a must. So please let's keep the baby asleep for all of our sakes. I have only bought one warm bottle of milk with me and that will only settle him for so long." Adrian finished lightly with a chuckle.
It bought a few smiles from around the room.
Nearly every single person in the room had invested their lives into the lifestyle Adrian and Matthew promote. They all had littles or submissive's of their own they care for at home.
"May I also start by saying thank you to Matthew for bringing this up. I understand how concerned and confused you must all be by such a large amount of money leaving the bank so quickly." Adrian spoke calm and assuredly.
"This amount was requested by myself early hours of this morning. As a chair and majority shareholder I did not have to notify anyone straight away but the financial teams which I did so accordingly. I requested it, the financial officer approved." Adrian paused once more to let the words sink in before continuing.
"I want to assure everyone in the room right now that this will not affect our quarterly or even our annual review. I have a very private donor who urges to stay anonymous that will happily match that amount that has just been spent."