Chapter Four: Hunt

There was a knock at my door and I rolled under my quilt, "Nn?"

          "Sophie! I'm coming in!" Ginny yelled through the door before it burst open.

          "Nn," I groaned and pulled the quilt over my head, "Five more minutes, Gin."

          "Soph! C'mon! Get dressed!" she said and put her hands on my stomach.

          She started jumping up and down, making me ripple on the bed. I groaned and sat up. She had already gotten my hairbrush from the top of the dresser and waited for me to sit on the edge of the bed. Ginny and I got along right off the bat and we gave each other nicknames. Sometimes the family would use it, too. She shortened my name to Soph and I shortened her name to Gin. After a week of staying here, I got along with the whole family. The quilt I was using now was my very own quilt from Mrs. Weasley. It was a type of welcoming gift. Calcifer also returned with a bag of coins and a response from dad. I was allowed to go to Diagon Alley to buy myself a dress for the ball but we would have to discuss Quidditch another time.

          "Your hair is so pretty, Soph. You have some black strands though," she said as she brushed my hair behind me.

          "Thanks, Gin. You have nice hair, too. The black hair happens when I turn into my vampire form. It's only when I'm in danger. Why did you wake me so early? Your brothers aren't up yet," I yawned.

          "Thanks, Soph. Mum wanted me to get you for breakfast. Aren't you going to Diagon Alley today?" she brought up.

          I nodded and we both got off my bed, "I am-"

          "Soph! You're bleeding!" she cried out in alarm.

          I looked at the bed where she was pointing and there was blood on the edge of the bed, "Crikey! I-I didn't even notice!"

          "Mum! Mum! Mum, come quick!" Ginny yelled from the door.

          Mrs. Weasley was panicking and came up quickly. Ginny explained to her what happened and she calmed down. I had gotten my period and Mrs. Weasley took care of the bed while she explained all I needed to know. She was going to personally let my dad know and reassure him that she'll take care of me. Although Ginny and I were uncomfortable during 'the talk', I felt happy having a mother figure. A little too happy.

          "Thanks, mum-" I blurted out before covering my mouth.

          Mrs. Weasley was in bliss and pinched my cheek, "That's alright! Now, Sophie, dear, why don't you freshen up in the bathroom? Breakfast is ready downstairs. Ginny, you better make your plate too."

          I quickly went to the loo to change and take care of myself. I guess it was ok to call her mum once but I shouldn't get too attached. After taking care of myself, I went downstairs to make a plate of bacon and eggs with a biscuit. Her food was always delicious and filling. Mrs. Weasley told me to come back in an hour when I was done eating and was about to head to Diagon Alley. I told her I would be back before then and used the Floo network in their living room to get there.

          It was early and there weren't a lot of students since no one had gotten their letters yet. I briskly went to a dress shop with the money dad gave me and began looking at some dresses. There was a lovely yellow dress that I adored. It was long sleeved, a pastel yellow color, and it had a white collar. At the bottom were frills and in the center of the collar was a red stone. This was the one.

          "I'd like to buy this one, please," I said to the witch at the register.

          She was surprised at my appearance, though skeptical that I was alone. The dress was a bit pricey but dad gave me more than enough money to afford it. I left the shop with the dress in a bag and wandered the streets for a while. However, I stopped in my tracks when I caught the scent of two vampires nearby. There was also a mixture of blood. It was human. I turned my head to the right to see a dark alley. Specifically, it was Knockturn Alley. Dark witches and wizards lingered there. Do vampires also reside there? It's morning. They shouldn't be here.