A New Encounter

Y/N's POV:

"What...?" I said in surprise. Before falling out of my chair. The unfinished snack I was eating fell onto my shocked face. Momentarily bringing me back to reality.

I brushed the snacks off my face and just laid there staring into space. I could still hear the stream's audio blasting, telling me it really was real. It wasn't just my excitement making my brain malfunction.

"And~ that concludes our stream!" Venti exclaimed. "To Y/N, we'll be contacting you pretty soon so be ready!" Childe called.

"Cya later!" They said, some not saying it enthusiastically, and then silence engulfed the rest of what I could hear. I kept on blinking.

Why is this happening so much? Is it national freak out Y/N day? Of course not, I'm just joking. The inside fangirl in me was about to scream in happiness. But my neighbors would probably 100% complain. So I jumped on my bed leaving the poor snacks on the floor and my chair still flipped. Grabbed my pillow and screamed into it. 

Took another deep breath... And screamed like there was no tomorrow. Just need to get all that excitement out, before I explode. I stood back up and proceeded to pick up the fallen snacks on the floor and throw them in the trash. Shame I couldn't eat them... But bacteria hops on those things regardless of the 5 seconds rule.

And my floor, or in general my apartment... Is not the cleanest place in the world. I flipped my chair back and dusted myself off. 

"Ok! Ok... what now...? I get ready and wait?" I asked myself. Then Estira popped up in my mind. Got it! Time to go visit Estira! Ahhh, but she works till 5 pm!

Eh, who cares I'll just kill time and help her out. Grabbing my stuff and getting ready once again, jeez I don't get a break... But there is nothing better to do rather than wait.

When I walked towards the cafe I saw that it was bustling quite a bit. Probably full of college kids who need caffeine. As I entered, it looked like she was having some trouble with all the customers coming in. After all it's really just her and her co-workers. Paimon and Lumine. I've helped her before so I just let myself in, through the staff-only door to everyone's surprise, well— some.

Grabbed a spare waiter outfit and joined Estira out at the register. "Hey! So, need any help there buddy?" I laughed. "Y/N!" Estira sighed. "God, you're a lifesaver— yeah some drinks and snacks at the back need to be delivered. Paimon and Lumine'll tell you where they go." Estira signaled towards the back.

I nodded and went back to the kitchen where Lumine was baking a bunch of sweets, and Paimon was hurriedly making a bunch of drinks. They were all laid out with names written on them in writing that seemed rushed. 

"Oh! Y/N! Are you here to help?" Lumine asked hurriedly wiping her hands on her apron. Before I had time to respond she said, "Great! The stuff that's on the table has the customers' names by them. Just say their name and they'll go get it. Don't butcher them at least." And she went back to making all the sweets and stuff.

They started this cafe a few months ago and weren't exactly interested in hiring so they decided they could manage with everything on their own. Lumine was the one who cooked since she was practically good at everything. Paimon didn't cook because... I'd say a fire happened the last time she did. 

And so I got to work standing at the counter calling out names with people coming along and picking up their order. A rare amount of them flirting with me, ew... And some interested in Estira, let's just say I gave them a stare. Not a good stare though.

On and on, until it came to the last drink with... no name? "Hey... Lumine?" I asked her, "Hm? Need anything Y/N?" She asked washing her hands. "There's no name on here, did you maybe forget?" I asked showing her the drink.