chap 8

The Past...

Hanma POV
I remember that day clearly. It was the day my best friend was born. At 8am my parents were waking me up. We were headed to the hospital. I was 1 at the time. When we arrived, we stayed in a waiting room for a while then when we finally got up,... we went into a room where I saw the L/n's. They are best friends with my parents. Mrs. L/n was on a hospital bed. And she held a little baby in her hands.

A few years passed and we always visited them. I'd go to check on Y/n in her crib. She's really quiet when I'm around. I think she doesn't like me so I just stay in a corner and keep an eye on her to make sure she's safe. One time she almost ate a toy apple. Today, when I was standing in my corner, I saw her come up to me and gave me a paper and crayons to color with her. She had a little pouty face as she stretched to hand me the crayons. "No." When I said that, she looked at me shocked and that was cute.

More years passed
It was another day and once again, my parents took me to go over to the L/n's. After she begged and harassed me for weeks to be her friend, I finally gave in. I mean, I always wanted to be her friend, it was just fun to harass her. She's 8 and I'm 9. We're a couple months almost a year apart in age. Right now we're in school. Some people who I didn't know came to pick us up. When they got us, they told us that out parents both died. I couldn't believe it. Y/n couldn't stop crying after it actually hit her what they said. I tried to comfort her but I wanted to cry to.

A day after it happened and Y/n finally calmed down a bit, she never spoke a word. All she do is look depressed and hurt. My heart ached seeing her like that. No one who we knew could have taken care of us so they were going to split us up and put us in foster care. Like hell I was going to let that happen. We stayed with eachother and finally, we got a good home to take care of us. They were the Kukichi's (did I re-use Haruko's family from my last fanfic... yes,.... yes I did.)

Ever since the day our parents died, I promised myself that I'd do everything I can to make sure Y/n is never hurt. I can't stand seeing her cry or be sad.

After a while, we started back going to school and after about a year, Y/n started back speaking. I don't know who she talked to for the past year,.. but I'm thankful they helped her out. After, a few more years passed and I was 15. The Kukichi's were really nice people, but Y/n and I just wanted to go back to our old house. Our foster parents understood where we were coming from and helped us get us the house. They said they'd still check in on us and help us with groceries but other than that, we came out of their care. So now they were just adults helping out some kids.

Now that we were staying with eachother, we were both eachothers pillar of support. I planned on getting a good job and saving up enough so we don't have to depend on the Kukichi's but it all stopped one day when I found out about the persons who killed our parents. It was in the police report that it was a hit and run. It was a bunch of guys driving fast and they didn't slow down. They ended up crashing into our parents car because they lost control of the wheel and when they crashed, the people got their friends out of the car and drove off in their other cars.

Present time..
I found out about them from the police report. I found it when I was looking for something a while back. And since then, I decided to get revenge. From that day, I changed. I didn't mind though. I became the opposite of what I was originally planning to become. I got tattoos, dyed my hair, and even started smoking. Y/n didn't really oppose of the tattoos and hair but she drew the line at smoking. But I still didn't stop. Anyway,... I already knew how to fight because I learned when I was younger and now, I look around for the people who killed our parents to get back revenge.

After a while, I took down a few of the people who were responsible. I didn't kill them, I just hospitalized them. I did it so that they won't remember me to. Then one day, when I just had a few more culprits which I couldn't find, I was called by someone named Kisaki Tetta. He pulled some strings and somehow got the location of the remaining men who killed our parents. I could never let Y/n know what I've been doing all this time. I just tell her other people picked fights with me, when really, I'm getting revenge for the both of us.