Kyoru: Marry Me

Kyo and Tohru had been away from the Sohma estate for about six months and had settled into their new life with Master. Tohru knew that Kyo's master had a name, but she called him Master like Kyo did anyway.

Kyo had already gotten a lot better at Martial Arts since they came up to the Mountains, and Tohru was very proud. When she told him how proud she was at his rapid progress from how great he already was, he threw his head to the side, his ears and cheeks turning pink.

"It- It's only because I'm trying to show off. I want the other newbies to know who's top dog around here," Kyo replied, puffing out his chest. "Or top cat," Tohru giggled, making Kyo peek at her from the corner of his eye.

He chuckled and looked at her with the look that made her stomach jump into her throat. "That works too," he smiled softly, leaning forward, moving her bangs and kissing her forehead. The pair had never really asked the other to be their significant other, but they knew they were. Kyo and Tohru were bonded by something stronger than labels, or so Kyo said whenever people asked.

Kyo had been thinking for a while about how head over heels he was for Tohru. He'd do anything for her; no matter how ridiculous, embarrassing, or frustrating, he knew he'd do it without hesitation. She had done so much for him, just by being the incredible person she is. How many people could do that?

"Only Tohru could," he thought with a smile as he dried his hair off with a towel absentmindedly. That girl had changed his entire way of thinking in the span of a few months. Now he believed that he could be happy, that he deserved to be happy, and with someone who loved him.

On top of all that, his curse was broken, so he could even hold her. He had wanted to do that and not transform ever since she ran after him in the rain that night. He still had nightmares about hurting her in his True Form like he did then.

He had woken up in cold sweats from that several times a month since his curse broke. Sometimes it was just the memory replaying, and other times it was their current life, then he would transform and hurt her again. But he knew it would never happen again, and he vowed to spend the rest of his life repaying the debt he owed to her. He basically owed her his life.

Then one morning he realized.

"I want to marry her. I need her all to myself for the rest of my life."

The epiphany was almost heart-stopping as he turned his head to see her sleeping next to him. A grin crept up his face as he carefully rolled to face her so she wouldn't wake up. The ginger boy carefully moved a strand of hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear. "God damn she is perfect," he thought, pulling her close to his chest protectively.

He was almost glad for the nightmares because it got bad enough that eventually, Tohru (very cutely with a red face) offered to sleep with him a few months ago. "Don't kid yourself, you dumb cat. You were almost as red as her when she offered," he thought with a huffed smile.

She shuffled a bit with a soft whined hum that made his heart stop every time. She eventually lazily gripped his shirt and moved her head to look up at him. Their eyes met and she gave him a tired smile.

"Good morning, Kyo," she beamed sleepily, warming him to the core. Instead of saying it back, he pulled her tighter against him, molding their bodies together, breathing in her warmth and burying his face in her neck. She giggled and petted his hair, making him purr. "How did you sleep?" she asked.

"Amazing," he breathed, giving her neck a few quick, warm kisses. He loved how that always made her squirm and grip his shirt a bit tighter. "Tha- That's good!" she chirped nervously as he chuckled. He didn't want to make her non-functional for the rest of the day, so he pulled back and cupped her face in his hands, choosing to kiss her lips instead.