Wipe Away My Tears

"I can't believe this. He dumped me!" I cried, reaching for a tissue.

"It's okay, Amy,  he was worthless anyways! That's why you should go for older men. They don't mess around," my friend, Amanda, said as she rubbed my back.

"Jeff was older than me, you idiot!" I groaned.

"Pardon me. I couldn't help but notice you were crying and mentioned someone named Jeff. May I offer you a Hawthorne wipe? To wipe away the makeup running down your cheeks?" A man asked, sitting down next to us and holding out a bottle of wipes.

"Uh, sure, but who are you?" I asked, sniffling as I took it and got a wipe out.

"I'm Pierce Hawthorne. Entrepreneur, genius, and richest member of Greendale. And you are? Beautiful? Depressed? My type?" he asked, smiling.

Amanda and I exchanged glances, unsure of what exactly was happening. 

"Amy. Amy Alexander," I replied, giving him a smile out of politeness. This guy was giving me the creeps. But at the same time...it was kind of endearing.

"Well, Amy, how about I take you out for a night on the town? I'll pay for everything, and we'll make sure you forget all about Jeff," he offered.

"No offense, but you're old enough to be our great-grandpa. She's going to pass," Amanda said, laughing.

"Amanda, that was rude. I will go, Pierce. Thank you. Do you have a phone? Do you want my number?" I asked.

"Wait, you'll actually go? Well, how about we go now? I'm not actually supposed to drive after sundown," he laughed, standing up. I shrugged and agreed, and we went out to his car.