the secret life of an idol pt. two

𓈃 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗔 ° 𔘓
𖥻 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 ┊𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗜 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗔 ִֶָ𓂅

𓈃 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗔 ° 𔘓𖥻 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 ┊𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗜 𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗔 ִֶָ𓂅

i slowly opened my eyes and regain consciousness. that's when i realized that i was in a familiar room. my own bedroom. i feel a little light compared to waking up earlier just now.

i rubbed my forehead and tried to calm myself down and settle down properly. i look beside me and it seems like someone had slept beside me. i do remember that i was sent home by mark and taeyong. did the two sleep here last night?

i shook my head and exhaled calmly. i get up from bed and entered the bathroom to clean up.

after about 30 minutes and fully cleaned up and refreshed, i walked out of the bedroom dressed in sweatpants and a white t-shirt. i realized that there are people downstairs.

when i got downstairs and into the kitchen, i saw taeyong was cooking and mark was on his phone.

"hi," i rubbed my eyes as i went to the kitchen.

"oh, you're awaked," mark said.

"yup," i exhaled as i walked toward taeyong.

"hangover soup. it seems like you're still a little in dreamland," taeyong said when i went over to him, looking at what he was cooking.

"yeah, i am. hangover soup is good." i patted his upper arms. i took out a glass from the cabinet and poured the hot water in it and drink it slowly.

"how are you feeling today?" mark asked me as i sat beside him.

"better than earlier," i said and shook my head. they chuckled.

"did you guys stay here last night? i mean – with me?" i asked them.

"aniyo. we just leave you and went home. we just came back just now to check on you," mark said to me. i raised my eyebrows and nodded.

"then... who slept next to me?" i asked them.

"oh, that. just now, i tried to wake you up but you were still in deep sleep," mark said.

i laughed and nodded, "i see. okay then." i chuckled. i sighed and cupped my face, "i am never going to drink anymore. oh god..." i muttered and the two of them laughed.

"okay, what? nothing bad happened. you did nothing bad too," mark said.

i laughed and shook my head, "still. i drank too much." i grinned.

"yeah, you did. you drank a lot." taeyong said while turning off the stove.

"i won't be able to stop once i drink," i said and took off my hair tie on my wrist and tie my hair into a messy bun. taeyong then poured the soup and noodles into three bowls for the three of us.

"where are your dogs and cats?" mark asked me.

"sent to the pet hotel," i replied before thanking taeyong after he placed the bowl in front of me. the spicy noodle soup was perfect. just perfect to cure the hangover.

we started to eat together and that was when i realized it was already afternoon. well, we even reached home at 4 am. i don't know what happened to chungha and somi. somi actually literally ditched me. haha. this girl...

"when are you going to end your hiatus?" taeyong asked me.

"probably next year, january. just 6 months." i said to them. "six months is a long time, chae." mark said. i chuckled and nodded.

"i'm still working although on hiatus, mark-ssi. two final albums." i said.

"final albums?" the two of them asked.

"yeah," i nodded.

"you're quitting?" they asked me.

i smiled and nodded, "yeah. i'm going to quit and be replaced with a new generation one." i said.

"new generation?" the two of them asked me with surprise.

i nodded while turning on my phone to show them the photo of the next me. sm entertainment and hybe label have chosen her as the new face of the ongoing solo project.

 sm entertainment and hybe label have chosen her as the new face of the ongoing solo project

"this is her?" mark asked, swallowing hard.

"she looks like you!" taeyong exclaimed in shock.

"yeah. jung yun-ji. born in 2005 and will debut in 2026. a few weeks after i quit. she'll take my place." i said to them. they were beyond shock.

"did they train her like you?" mark asked me and i nodded.

"yup. she looks like me, right?" i chuckled while looking at the photo of the girl.

"5 years younger than you. have you met her yet?" taeyong asked. i shook my head, "no. not yet."

"does she rap, dance, and sing like you?" mark asked.

"manager kim said that she's still training. but she's good enough. for now, she's good. sm and hybe are still going to train her." i said to them.

"so, this is an ongoing project?" taeyong asked and i nodded.

"every 7 years. each of us has 7 years. since i start in 2019, i will stop in 2026. in 2026, she will debut. and then, in 7 years, she will quit and a 2010-born girl will continue. and then, a 2015-born girl will continue. it continues until sm and hybe call it quits," i said.

their jaw dropped in amazement.

"wow... i cannot believe it." mark said in awe. i chuckled.

"that's the project. so, that's why i'm trying to make the best of my remaining time," i said to them.

"then after you quit, what happened to your company?" taeyong asked.

"prism entertainment will only be a one-man company. just like daniel's." i said to them.

"so, no more support from sm and hybe?" they asked and i nodded.

"but i'm going to stop for the entertainment business. just fashion. the staff if they want to quit, they can. if they want to continue working, sm and hybe will have work for them at the companies." i said to them.

"wow... you've planned." taeyong said. i smiled and nodded.

"i have to. 2026 is around the corner." i chuckled and shrugged slightly.

"so, are you still going to be a part of superm?" taeyong asked.

"oh... that i don't know." i said while shaking my head.

"will we still be active by that time?" mark raised both his eyebrows. i chuckled.

"you're going to be over 30 years old," i said to taeyong. he hissed and shook his head, "damn. it slowly hits me though." taeyong said.

mark and i laughed.

honestly, i myself don't know how i will be after i quit. maybe i will stop being the sm and hybe soloist and be on my own. i still don't have my own decision. things might change or might not.

hopefully, the decision that i make will give benefit me. hopefully.