Come Back To Me || A.M.

TW: panic attacks, anxiety, homophobia

requested by paulsonxsupreme

"Baby, we really gotta go," Ally reminds you as she leaves the warmth of the bed you share

"Just a little longer, I don't wanna get up," you pout.

A soft chuckle leaves your lover's mouth, "As much as I'd love to lie in bed with you all day, we have to be at the restaurant at 7, sweetheart."

You groan loudly as you roll yourself off the bed. Truth was, you weren't too excited to see your parents today. This would be the first time they'd meet your lover. You weren't ashamed about Ally, not at all. In fact, you wanted to scream how much you loved her on every rooftop for all the world to hear. You were actually afraid of how your parents were to react. You see, your parents aren't the most open-minded individuals. Never ones to go out of the way to make change in the world. They weren't too fond when you told them that you enjoyed the company of women. So, yes, you were afraid. Afraid they might say something offensive or even hurt Ally. That would be the last thing you wanted.

"Honey?" Ally's voice interrupted your thoughts, "Are you coming to get ready, dear?"

"Yeah, give me a sec!" you called back. You took a deep breath and headed to your shared bathroom to prepare.

---------------------------

The car ride to the restaurant was quiet. A hand holding yours as you listened to the radio.

"What's on your mind, sweet girl? I can hear the cogs turning in there," Ally interrupts the silence, she gently squeezes your hand and quickly glances over before returning her focus to the road. You smile lightly at the gesture. She knows me so well. You contemplate telling her your worries. Just tell her, she'll understand. 

"I'm just nervous that's all," you mumble under your breath. You begin nibble on your bottom lip; force of habit. 

"What about, love?" she asks.

Tell her. 

You take a deep breath before letting out a small sigh. "I have to warn you about my parents," you start, "They aren't the kinda folks who'll welcome you with open arms. They might say some questionable things but in the long run, I kinda want their approval."

"You mean in us? You want their approval on us?"

"Yes and no. I know I don't need their approval per say, I just crave acceptance from them. I want to make them proud, ya know?"

"I get it, honey. I'll be here no matter what though."

"I know and that's whats keeping me sane," you giggle.

A smile plays on Ally's lips as she parks. She turns over at you, now giving you her full attention. Your hands meet as she stares into your eyes with her luminous brown ones. "I've got your back in there. If at any point it gets too much or you just wanna leave, let me know."