♡1

♡◇♧♤

The Diamonds.
The perfect kingdom.
Happy, wealthy, uncomplicated.

At least that's what it looked like from the outside.

The loss of their old rulers hit the people hard, the news of the King and Queen's death rocked them to their cores. But it was time to move on. It was time for their daughter, their only heir, to be named the Queen.

The sound of a knock woke the girl from her slumber, her long eyelashes opening to allow her vision to adjust to the light that pooled into the room through the floor length windows.

A grunt left her lips, signalling the servant who had woken her up, to leave. The giant bed beneath her creaked as she sat up, the heavy quilt warming her fell to her hips. She shivered at the slight cold around her, hugging herself to keep warm.

She had a sly smile on her face, the importance of the day dawning on her. It was her chance to be a queen, her chance to have freedom.

A few moments spent trying to motivate herself to get up, she finally threw her legs over the edge of her mattress, standing on her feet. Freshening up for the day, she dressed up.

The lace dress enveloped her perfectly, moulding itself around the curves of her body, hiding everything except her face and shoulders. The blood red hue of the material contrasted her pale skin, the sleeves extending to her wrists, only her fingers meeting the cold outside.

The dress flowed to the floor, long enough to become a trail behind her as she walked. Heels adorned her feet, the sparkles of the silver standing out from the redness of her gown.

A thin necklace accessorised her neck, pendant in the shape of a diamond weighed it down, representing the kingdom soon to be hers. The only accessory missing was her crown, but it would eventually sit on her head by the end of the day.

She finally left her bedroom, the bed remained unmade because it was never her job to do. The brown door opened to reveal the castle she spent her entire life in, her vision filling with beige, the colour of the walls around her.

The long, unlit hallway awaited in front of her, intimidating as the pillars that seemed to reach the sky looked like they were going to take down the structure even if only one brick was misplaced. But she moved forward nonetheless, excited for what was to come.

The giant double doors at the end of the hallway opened just enough to let a streak of sunlight enter the place, which fell on the girl, her diamond pendant reflecting patterns on the walls around her. Her dark brown eyes turned hazel from the brightness, enhancing her beauty even more.

She stepped into the balcony outside, guards stationed on both sides of her. Finally looking up at the crowd that erupted at her presence, she stared into the mass of humans that were soon to be under her power.

They all seemed to marvel at her beauty, the living reminder of their previous rulers, the ones that had lead the kingdom to prosperity. And now it was their daughter's turn to bring them justice, to make up for the loss that was too sudden to fathom. The King and Queen were barely in their forties and very healthy, causing a bigger riptide in the people as they couldn't have possibly died of natural reasons.

But it had already been months and it was finally time to see if their daughter was ready, the child that had grown up in front of their eyes, transforming from a mischievous kid into the mature woman that stood before them.

"Attention!"

The sound of the head guard's voice broke the discussions of the people, bringing their attention to the royal on the balcony. She was bowing down, the high priest held the crown over her head, finally placing it on the strands of hair.

She stood straight, back poised, the piece of jewellery on her head shining against her jet black hair. The stones of ruby in the shape of diamonds contrasted the silver in the actual diamonds surrounding it, the crown not only showing its extravagance but also displaying the power it held over its citizens.

The corners of her lips turned upwards, eyes scanning the crowd in front of her, reminding herself that the beautiful kingdom was her own. The large buildings in front of her stood strong, the entire place screaming of elegance, diamonds showing up everywhere. On top of pillars, the courtyard of the castle, the square, everywhere.

The head guard cleared his throat, a small cough breaking her out of the trance. And he announced her post, confirming it once and for all.

"I present you, Queen Yoori"

♡◇♧♤

♡◇♧♤