♡2

♡◇♤♧

Eyelashes fluttering at the warmth that hit him suddenly he squinted through the steam at the group of people that scurried around the place.

Fingers unwrapped from the lever handle of the door, nails tracing the carvings in the shape of hearts that adorned the surface.

The noise of footsteps halted at the mere sight of the boy, not expecting him there.

"Your Majesty, the bath is almost ready. If you could give us a few min- "
"It's alright. I'll take it from here."

A toothy smile escaped the boy's lips, expressing gratitude to the servants that stood in front of him, dismissing them immediately with a slight bow.

Silk robes slid off his shoulders as he untied the garment at his waist, letting it puddle around his ankles, on the marble floor.

Stepping towards the heart shaped tub in the giant bathroom, he watched his reflection in the steaming water. Big eyes stared back at him, slightly disturbed by the water vapours that trailed down from his skin into the still liquid.

One leg after another, he dipped into the water, immediately feeling his toned muscles relax at the warmth around him.

Steam dissipated from the room, forming patterns on the walls and clearing the air around the boy.

A knock echoing through the tiled walls broke him out of his rest, hearing the voice of one of the servants calling him.

"Your Majesty? The King and Queen wish to talk to you."
"Okay! I'll be there immediately." Voice chirping in response to the person outside, he quickly did his routine and left the washroom.

Striding through the marble hallways, the twenty year old prince flashed a smile at every being he crossed, keeping up his reputation of being a well respected and kind prince.

His eyes landed on an anxious boy that paced through the corridor, thumb caught between his teeth as a habit. Sneaking up on the one he's basically grown up with, a yell sounded across the hall as a response to being startled.
"Jisung-ah? What are you stressing about?" Voice full of amusement, the young royal questioned the troubled friend.

"Your Majesty-"
"Jisung I told you not to call me-"

"Jaemin hyung!" Quickly correcting himself, the younger replied to the prince's previous question, " Sorry. Did you hear about the new Queen of the Diamonds??"

"The New Queen? What happened to the Shins? They weren't exactly old to pass the throne-"

"They passed away. No one knows how but their daughter is the one who's in charge now." A small sound of understanding left Jaemin's lips only to be interrupted by someone calling for him.

"Sir, the King and Queen are waiting-"
"Ah right I'll be there. See you around Jisung-ah!" His hurried steps echoed through the hallways, walls lined with red heart patterns, something that was impossible to not notice in the Hearts Kingdom.

A change of surroundings made him switch his demeanor, walking into the main hall, a giant wooden table sat in the heart of the place, his parents accommodating two of its chairs.

"Good Morning!" A happy greeting directed towards his parents broke the small silence.

"Jaemin-ah Good Morning!" A warm smile on their faces as they looked at their only son with love. Seating himself on the large chairs along the side of the table,  feeling the heart shape engraved on its surface. Eyes involuntarily trailing around the large space, red velvet covered walls ran at least thirty feet into the ceiling, large French windows allowed light to flood the place, making the random jewels in the room sparkle.

Plates of delicious food already in their places, the boy did not hesitate to dive in, eating it with the utmost manners as he had learnt growing up as the prince. The clinks of cutlery sounding through the large room as the family ate in silence.

Finally breaking the comfortable silence, the Queen spoke up,
" We actually wanted to talk to you about the next few months. We're going overseas for some business, would you be okay being in charge till we're back?"

"Where are you going? "
"Oh you don't need to worry about that, we'll be back before you know it Son. What do you say? "
"I would love to be in charge, gives me practice for the future. Travel safe Father, Mother. "
Giving his parents his classic smile, the prince stood up from his chair, leaving the place not knowing exactly how much responsibility was falling in his hands.

"I really hope he's ready for this"

♡◇♤♧

Do y'all even remember me at this point :)
I've been dead for a good three months and i might die again but i just wanted to drop this before I die again :)) hope you liked it.