Chapter 2 *last*

Arnav tried Khushi's number for the nth time. Since the news has been telecasted, she was constantly avoiding him. She wasn’t picking his call, not responding to his voice messages. Having no other option left, he decided to call Payal.

“I need Payal’s number.” he sent a message to Akash. He knew he had her contact, every time he went to meet Khushi, Akash would tag along and would have no other choice than spending time with Payal. They fought initially, but then became good friends.

His phone beeped and he dialed the number sent by Akash.

“Hello, Payal?” he asked as soon as the phone was picked.

“Yes, who’s this?” she asked from the other side.

“I want to meet Khushi.”

__________

Khushi was lying on her stomach, tears rolling down her eyes. Suddenly she felt a hand caressing her hair.

She got up in confusion and held the hand, her eyes widened as she realised the touch.

“Sh.. Arnav!”

“Why are you doing this?” he asked grasping her hand.

“I don’t want to be a hurdle in your career. I heard what they said in the news. I… “

“I don’t care what they say in the news Khushi, what I care about is you, because I love you.” He confessed.

"wha..what? But...I... y..you... Don’t sympathize me, please.” She said tried to control her tears. “I know no kne can love me, I have so many flaws. I don't know how anyone in this world look like. I can see the sunset with you, I can’t see you smile, Arnav I'm blind and you-"

Holding her chin with his thumb and index finger, he raised her face to look at her properly.

"I said I love you Khushi. What has to do with you not being able to see the sunset with me? You make see life more beautifully. What if you can’t see me smile? You have become the reason behind it. And if your blindness had bothered me, I would have never built this feeling that I have for you right now in the first place! All I want is you.”

"Arnav, I don't think you're being practical here."

"All I know is I love you, Khushi. Marry me."

"Why don’t you understand? I can't even wear my clothes or make my hair on my own and committing to marry would only be an injustice to you because I will be ruining your life.”

“If Payal can do everything for you, why can’t I?” He almost yelled.

“Because she is my sister damn it! And you… you are a superstar. You have a lot of other things to do rather than babysitting me! All I am going to be is a burden to you if I marry you!”

He gritted his teeth as her words stabbed through his heart. She's anything but a burden!

"Why don't you let me decide what you are and will be to me?" he said angry. "Claiming yourself as a burden would neither change my mind, nor my heart. And what you call babysitting, is taking care of my love for me. And trust me, I am dying to do that. Even if it includes changing your clothes and dressing you hair, I am ready to do that all my life. Please don’t listen to others, don’t care about the media or anyone else. Just listen to your heart, Khushi. Do what it says to you.”

Khushi sat silently as she tried to gather every word Arnav said.
_____________

A year later

Arnav looked at his watch as be entered his bedroom.

1:47. He sighed.

As much as be tried, he never reaches home in time. Past month has been hectic with his two albums realised and concerts every other day.

After taking a quick shower, he slide under the covers.

“I like how you smell after taking shower.” He heard his wife say as he pulled her in his arms.

"Why are you still awake?" He frowned.

"Couldn't sleep. How was your meeting with the producers?" , she asked instead, snuggling and taking in his scent.

"Cracked it as usual. They are ready to produce for my next album", he paused and frowned as his hands slide under her shirt and found it was wet.

Turning on the lamp, he got up.

"What happened?” he asked.

“I was drinking water and it suddenly fell on my shirt.”

"Why didn't you change?" he asked as he got up to get a fresh pair of shirt.

"I...I couldn’t, " she said in a low voice.

He turned to look at the downcast face and his eyes fell on the half drenched shirt.

"Where the f*ck is Maya? What am I paying her for?"

"Arnav! Her shift was over do I sent her home. It's okay!"

He decided to drop the topic and put her arms up and took off the drenched T-shirt, he slid the fresh one down her neck - something Khushi has gotten used to in their 10 months of married life. She had gotten only 6-7 times embarrassed when he used to change her clothes initially.

"You should have just sent her home after I got back. It’s her job to take care of you when I am not around."

Khushi shook her head as Arnav pulled her in arms and slide under the covers. She switched off the lamp and caressed her hair.

After a while, when Arnav realized Khushi hasn't slept yet, he threaded his fingers through her hair and asked, "What is it, Khushi?"

“I wonder how our life would have been if I could see. Don't you ever wish for your wife to know how you look?"

The next thing Khushi knew was her back pressed in the mattress with her husband's weight on top of her as he took her lips into his mouth and sucked the lower one. Arnav just couldn't think anything else to shut her up.

She hungrily kissed back. The bristles of his beard scratched against her soft cheeks as she gripped his head firmly, as if to keep him from escaping. She worked her mouth against his, their tongues battling back and forth like wrestlers, each trying to pin the other. Breaking apart, as they both panted for breath.

"I know you have drawn a more than perfect picture of me in your head and I would never like that to be erased or changed, even when you get your vision back." He paused as he cupped her face and placed a kiss on her forehead, "I hope that answered your question. And I have said this million times, words would never justify what you are mean to me, Khushi Arnav Singh Raizada!"

Khushi smiled and pulled his shirt, making him lock his lips with hers again.

 ______________

I hope you like the ending :)