Chapter 7 - A Lover's Birthday and Regret

After you and Octavia had dinner together Via you both went back home. Octavia to hers, and you to yours. But you had something to do. You knew it happened to be Octavia's birthday tomorrow, so you bought a gift for her the same day and then went to hers the following day.

You encountered Stolas in the hallway.

Stolas: Morning (Y/N) did you sleep well?

(Y/N): Good thanks, where is Octavia?

Stolas: In her room, why?

(Y/N): I'm going to give her some birthday gifts.

Stolas: Gifts?

Stolas said but you were already at the entrance to her room. You opened the door to find the love of your life sleeping on her bed. You put her gift on the bedside table and bent over, looking her in the eyes.

(Y/N): Morning birthday girl.

You said quietly.

As you said that Octavia's eyes opened to reveal her stunning, purple eyes.

Octavia: (Y/N)!!!

She pulled your head down to hers and locked you both in a kiss. But then she quickly parted.

Octavia: Sorry, sorry! Just a bit startled.

(Y/N): No worries, I've got something for you.

Then you presented to her a wrapped gift.

Octavia: You didn't...

(Y/N): I did.

You handed it to her and she started to unwrap it. As the packaging fell off all that remained was a case containing a golden figure of you and her holding each other.

(Y/N): So I never leave your side.

Octavia: I don't know what to say.

(Y/N): I do.

Then you leaned towards her for another kiss. Afterward, she started to get out of bed but you stopped her.

(Y/N): Uh, the birthday girl has breakfast in bed.

Octavia: (Y/N) you don't have to...

(Y/N): Oh I insist.

You said as you went out of the door. Half an hour later you returned with a stack of pancakes. 

Octavia: You know, you're just that good.

(Y/N): I know I am, as you made me that way.

Octavia: Oh stop it!

(Y/N): Ohh that's just like asking you to stop yourself and you know it.

Octavia smiled in defeat as you set on the edge of her bed with her.

(Y/N): I love it when I'm right.

Then Octavia punched you in the arm, not enough to harm you. But enough for you to see it as a joke and get the message.

(Y/N): What was that for?

Octavia: For being bloody perfect.

She then hugged you. You loved it when she did that. Then you heard her phone buzz as she picked it up.

Octavia: It's Loona.

She began to read what you presumed was a text. 

Octavia: Sorry to do this on your birthday but Blitz and Mox have gotten trapped by humans in the living world, send help ASAP.