Today is the day

A/N : This is a story in the works but I hope it actually gets somewhere :) ! Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

P.S :
     This book was made in support by Vixian!

Shrek awoke from his sleep, his mind was hazy but he arose from his bed and got ready and walking to the closest village, although he was aware that many of the townsfolk weren't familiar with him, he didn't mind. Although, he did enjoy the many scares he managed to pull of many of them. But one of them in particular wasn't afraid to go up to him. And today, he did just that. Danny walked up to him with pure and enlightening confidence. " hello! " and boy did that spark something in him. He would have never found himself in this situation if it weren't for his urge to feel the need of what it was like outside of his ' well kept swamp ' . Anyways, he was seemingly irritated but when this stranger happened to walk up to him without it a second thought, he seemed to have forgotten about why he was so upset. " You seem to have been a bit upset .. are you okay mr.. what's your name? " This question caused shrek to pause and hesitate. Should he really tell this random stranger his name? It wouldn't seem too well if word got out that he had, in fact, talked to him and struck up a well needed conversation.

  " That's none of your business. " There was a short silence between the two. " Oh. " As the silence between the two got louder, the scent of rain filled the air and before they knew it, it slowly started to pour from the once bright sky. All danny could do was let it pour down on him as he wanted to comfort the seemingly uncomfortable ogre. " you should get going before it gets too late, " shrek was soaked but he stayed, " you don't want your folks getting worried. " Danny was seemingly eager on jumping onto the idea that shrek might want to be welcomed into his home, although it may seem like a weird thought, he hoped it would work. " Would you come with me ? You know, walk me home. " This had shrek overly confused, because how was he a literal complete stranger, home when he doesn't even know them. Danny, in hopes of trying to convince the other that he is indeed, in need of help getting home, he coughs. He try's to sell the idea that he is sick, when in all reality, he isn't. And you might be thinking, isn't that wrong? To lie to a stranger that you've yet to even exchange pleasantries with? He saw nothing wrong with it, obviously. Shrek took the possibility of his sickness into consideration. But, he didn't want anyone to see him being so helpful, and although this wasn't usually what he'd like to spend his time doing .. he was greeted by the warm smile that always accompanied danny's words. He wanted to reject his offer but it seemed likely impossible that he could do that with a straight face.

The air between the was tense, but not in a bad kind of way, but in the way that if you and your friend were reaching for the same thing and your hands touched, kind of way. Shrek avoided the obvious, yet he helped danny when he knew that he couldn't afford to be seen with someone such as he. He didn't want to harm any credibility that danny once had before he was sighted with shrek, but he believed that the world had brought them together for a reason. Although, as taught in each one of every single dimension that exists in the world, everyone has a purpose. No matter if they purpose is so serve those above you or if you purpose is to push others below you down, you cannot reject what the universe has to offer. Everyone knows about karma, it comes in all shapes and sizes and it also comes when you least expect it. Shrek thinks this is one of those times where the karma from all those years ago has built up and conspired to go against him in the oddest form that they find usable to get to him. And he wonders, how did they get to this conclusion? And just as he is about to leave danny as his doorstep, he is grabbed the hand and looked at. He is in shock but he doesn't resist. " Thanks for walking me home. I enjoyed it. " A crack of thunder it heard up above. " I have to — " Shrek is pulled into a hug by danny, his arms being wrapped around the other in a matter of seconds. " Thank you again, and please, take care. " Danny let's go and shrek is left there, the rain hitting him as he tries to remember what just happened. He had never had the urge to actually hug someone, not at all for reasons other than for jokes or laughs.

He is actually quite happy with the way things turned out tonight. Maybe they could see each other again, and maybe they could actually talk a lot m- no. He needs to restrain himself from these thoughts because this is impossible. He needs to think about reality because nobody here in this village would understand their friendship. Yeah, friendship. Those words sting him. The water cools of the steam. It's like a bunch of bee stings all over again. Friendship. And again, they didn't even talk. They know nothing about eachother, not even the others name. Maybe they should have really tried to introduce themselves more. Yet, shrek has never found himself in a more vulnerable spot in his life. Yeah, maybe he has been in some rough situations before, but that was in the past and he could get through those much easier than he could through this. He had no clue what he was going to do now that he and danny have actually exchanged hugs. For gods sake, hugs. He considered those rare. At least to himself. He needed to figure out what to do. With life. And with himself.

Hope you liked this chapter! I hope to continue the series and without a doubt, take care of yourself!
Word count : 1055