Chapter Thirty-Four

Billie
I hold Elle all night while she cries. Never saying a thing just letting her cry and get her emotions out.

I hold her until she unfortunately cries herself to sleep. I didn't wanna leave her alone so I just texted my mom that I was staying the night.

I was already in some sweats, a hoodie and a T-shirt underneath so I made sure she was asleep before carefully moving her off my chest and taking off my hoodie.

I lock Elles door while I'm up just to be safe before getting back into bed with her. I lay down beside her and sigh as I look at her sleeping body.

I can't imagine why someone as amazing as Elle has a life that's so cruel to her.

"I think I'm in love with you, Eleanor Mitchell." I whisper as I leave a kiss to her forehead.

I pull her into my chest, smiling to myself as she immediately cuddles into me and eventually falling asleep myself.

When I woke up the next morning Elle was already up and awake, drawing in her notebook at her desk.

She turned in my direction when she heard me, I couldn't quite make out her expression though.

"You stayed." She said.

"What?"

"You stayed." She repeated. "You stayed with me. You didn't leave."

I sat up on the edge of the bed.
"Of course I stayed. I didn't wanna leave you here alone like that. Especially with your mother."

"I thought you would've left after what happened."

"You mean before or after I told you that I loved you?" I asked, making her crack a small smile.

"I meant after my meltdown. You just saw me in probably the worst state you've ever seen me in. Yet you stayed."

"Yeah." I said, not really understanding what she was getting at.

"Why?"

"Haven't we been over this? Eleanor when I said I loved you that included the bad parts of you. That includes the breakdowns, the panic attacks, the struggles, the outbursts, everything. I'm not gonna leave you just when things get tough, that defeats the purpose of us dating baby. So sorry but you're stuck with me for a while."

I still couldn't read her expression, which worried me a little bit.

"Come here love, tell me what's on your mind."
I moved back and patted the spot in front of me for her to sit down.

"I'm not sure. Like I honestly don't know. My thoughts and emotions are kind of all over the place and I feel them all but at the same time I don't. I don't really know." She shrugged her shoulders as she ran a hand through her hair. I took notice of the multiple strands that came out with it.

"You're overwhelmed. I get it, too many emotions to feel, too many thoughts to process. Just know I'm here if you wanna talk about anything okay? Always."

"Yeah I know. Thank you Billie."

Elle
The truth? I was a fucking wreck. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know how I was supposed to carry on with anything knowing my own mother hates me. I feel like deep down I always knew, but hearing it come from her just put a whole new perspective on my life.