Chapter 2

The warmth of the sun caress your face as it peers through your curtain. You stretch your arms upward and yet let out a loud yawn. You slap the snooze button in your alarm clock and hop out of bed. You walk to the closet and pick out your work class for today settling for a nice grey pencil skirt with a burgundy turtleneck detail paired with black pumps. You walk to bathroom to quick shower and brush teeth before making a light breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. -ding- "Good morning Y/N, can you stop the café and grab me an iced americano with an extra shot expresso before coming into work," Endeavor texted. "Sure, thing boss," you replied back before exiting your apartment. The bus ride to work was unusually fast as it made its why down the road. You exit at your stop and head towards the café. "Hello ma'am how can I help you today," the barista asked. "Hello, can I get an iced americano with an extra shot of espresso and mocha Frappuccino with extra mocha drizzle," you replied. "Yes, you can coming right up," she before making your drinks. The barista complete your order and hands it to you.

You exit and make your way down the large office building and rush inside to get away from the cold gust of wind. You say hello to the receptionist and make your way to the elevator the sound of heels echoed against the tile floor as you made your way down the hall towards Endeavor office. You let out a deep breath before knocking on the large oakwood door. "Come in," the husky voice called out from the other side of the door. "Good morning sir, here's the iced americano with an extra shot of espresso you asked for. I would say I hoped you slept well but from the looks of what you order it seemed like you didn't," you chuckle softly. "Thanks, here's the money I owe you for the drink," he say reaching for his wallet. "oh, that's ok just take it as a kind gesture," you said sitting across from him. "Ok here's your work for today I'm going to show how to properly do the paperwork inside of actually filing them away. I usually will have other people to teach you this but since I'm doing desk duty today, I decided to help you.

"Oh, ok on the job training with the boss I like that," you smiled. Enji felt his heart rate rise a little when you smiled. He cleared throat and began to go over the basic instructions about filling out the classified paperwork. You sat there soaking up all the knowledge that escaped his lips. "Ok do you understand everything," he asked. "yup I pretty sure I can handle it," you reassure him. "Ok just because it kind of light right now it doesn't mean that won't pick up and become hectic, if you being to feel overwhelmed just let me know and I will help you out," he stated. You nodded your head and began to start with your task. The clock on the wall ticked loudly as the time passed and you guys sat in silence. Hours has passed and you felt the pain of hunger creep up. 'I hope my stomach don't growl while it's this fucking quiet' you thought to yourself. As soon as thought popped up in your head the loud grumbling of your stomach filled the silence of the spacious office. "Sounds like someone is hungry," he chuckled lightly. You hid your face in paperwork as blush of embarrassment spread across your face. "There's no need to be feel embarrassed how about we stop for a while and order some take out. How about some sushi my treat," he stated. "That would be nice," you smiled. "ok than its settle," he said while ordering food through the app.

"Hello Mr. Endeavor, your food is here," his receptionist said while walking into the office and placed the food on desk before exiting. He pulled the food from the bags and your mouth began to water at the sight of it. "Please, no need to be shy help yourself," he gestured to you. "Thank you for the meal," you said while picking a piece of tuna sashimi. The fish is flavorful as it seems to melt in your mouth and dance on your tastebuds. You let a satisfied mewl and do a tiny dance in your seat. "It must be really tasty," he smiled. "It really is," you chuckled. "How about a drink to compliment the meal," he said walking to his in-office bar. "Um I'm not really drinker but since the workday is almost over one drink wouldn't hurt," you smiled. He walked over carrying a bottle of sake and two glasses. He pour two glasses and hand one over to you. "Cheers to you on your new job let me official welcome to the team," he smiled. "Cheers!" you smiled. You guys drink, eat and talk as the time flew by. "Ok I think I had one too many drinks," you say as your voice slur a little. "Yeah, I think so to," he said taking the glass from you. "Are you hot? It's kind of hot in here," you say pulling on your turtleneck.  "Don't pull on the collar you're going to stretch out your pretty shirt," he says pulling your hand away from it.