Three

I stay in the woods. I don't see a reason to head back home just yet. I sit on my favorite tree on the whole property. I fell in love with this tree when I was ten years old. And I've loved it ever since.

  I wonder if Gon will succeed? He really surprised me. I thought he would've passed out by my punch, but he didn't. Which means that kid has a lot of talent. But he also reminded me of someone. I can't shake that feeling of remembrance.

  I pull my fathers latest letter from out of my pocket. I carefully open it to read what it says.

  My dearest Honey,

  Oh how I've missed you. I've got a surprise for you. Meet me in YorkNew City on September first. Come alone. The only people who know about your arrival are Illumi and I.  Tell no one about your whereabouts.

  Dad -

I hold the precious letter tightly in my hand. My dad has a surprise for me! He's never given me a surprise before. The thrill is too much to handle. I need a release. And I need it now.

————

I walk through the village on our island. I only come to the village for one reason and one reason alone. For Deni Radao.

He and his family live in a small house in the village. I've known him since we've moved here. And he's had a crush on me for years but I've never truly liked him. I've never truly liked anyone except my dad.

Everyone else is just...tolerable.

I reach his house rather quickly. Being with him helps control my bloodlust and satisfy my constantly growing hunger for killing.

I knock on his door and to my surprise he answers is quickly. His blue hair is ruffled, like he'd been laying down.

  I brush past him and plop down on the couch in his small living room. I let out a sigh and he sits on the end of the couch.

  "What's wrong this time, Honey?" Demi asks me in a unusual icy voice.

  "What would you do if I ran away?" I respond to him, ignoring the change in his voice.

  "I would go with you."

  "But what if I left without you knowing? Then what would you do?" I ask him in a serious but urgent tone.

  Deni goes silent as he thinks of an answer. I feel his heavy hand rubbing my leg. The gestures soothes me from the inside out. I can feel my bloodlust slowly fading away.

  "You wouldn't leave without telling me. We've been through too much together. I know too much about you. You would probably kill me before you leave," he responds in a nonchalant tone. Also unusual of him...but then again Deni can be full of surprises.

  This is true. Deni does know too much. He's the only person who knows who my real father is. He knows my nen ability, he knows my weaknesses, my strengths. He knows me. If I leave him behind, he'll be a loose end. And I hate loose ends.

  "I guess you're right," I say to him. I sit up and look at him. He looks so weary, like something happened to him. I give him a concerned look before asking, "what's wrong with you?"

"Hmmm," he hums a response, "I've just had a rough week. I've missed you."

  "You could've called. I would've came," I tell him placing my hand on his thigh.

  "Would you have?" He looks at me and smirks. I chuckle a little and move my hand from his thigh to his cheek.

  I embrace him and he stares me in both of my eyes. Him staring at me excites me. This has been our relationship since we've met. He pleasures me and I pleasure him. But at the end of the day we both know that he's disposable to me.

  His warm lips connect with mine, sending a thrilling chill into my body. I take my hands and run them through his hair and he does the same to mine.

  He takes his hands and runs them down my back supporting me as he pushes me down on my back. He climbs on top of me but never stops kissing me.

  There's a hunger inside of me that only Deni can fulfill. Except something about this seems off. There's something wrong with the way he tastes. Like he's been drinking...but Deni never drinks.

I push the imposter off of me and grab him by his throat. I take my long fingernails and position them on his throat, so that if he moves then he'll die.

"You're not Deni," I say cooly, "who the hell are you then?"

"Took you a while to notice," the imposter chuckles. "I've heard stories about you, Honey. I've got to admit that I'm not that impressed."

"I'll ask again. Who are you?!" I demand, this time I allow the tips of my nails to cut his throat. He doesn't even flinch.

Instead he slowly moves towards the coffee table where an open book lays at. He grabs the book and closes it abruptly. Once the book is closed his true self appears right in front of me. And it takes me seconds to notice who he is.

"Excuse my abruptness. I was just dying to meet you. My names Chrollo if you don't already know," He tells me with a hint of a smile.

Chrollo Lucilfer...head of the Phantom troupe sits right in front of my eyes.

————