Part 2 - Orpheus

Orpheus Pov

Flashback

Morana, age 10

“Orpheus, put me down!” screamed Morana with a beaming smile on her face. I love seeing her smile. It could brighten up the foulest of my days and explode them with brightness. It never gets old.

“But if I put you down you would stop laughing, you silly little wolf.” I said, because I knew she should, that serious little girl, always with a frown on her face. It hurts so much knowing that our time has a limit, that there was going to be a time in my life where I wouldn’t be able to see her beautiful face, her beautiful smile. The way her eyes light up when she sees something she loves. The way she bites her nails when she’s frustrated.

“I promise I won’t, I swear! I promise! I’ll do anything!” That’s what finally made me stop, and look down at her with a mischievous look on my face.

“Anything, you say? Then would the beautiful princess give this desperate peasant the honor of going on an ice cream date?”

“I mean, I guess but only if you’re buying. Oh, and you have to get me two ice cream cones.” The smile on her face was almost blinding. I would do anything for this girl.

“It’s a date princess.”

End of flashback

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

Morana, age 16

“Orpheus, can you take me to get ice cream? Two cones please?” This little fox. I can never say no to her, and I think she knows this too by the wicked smile on her face.

“Why are you asking me? Did your dad say no to you or something? You miss me that much little wolf?”

“You know that I always miss you when you leave. You always take me out when you’re here, why can’t we go?”

“Slow down, I never said that we couldn’t go, you know how much I miss you too. And plus, you know I never can say no to you. Go get a jacket, I’ll be down in a second.” I could see her dad standing in the doorway, his back straightened with his mouth in a straight line.

“Okay, but hurry up. If you aren’t outside in 5 minutes I’m coming back and going to drag you by your tail.”

“Alright that’s enough little wolf, I’ll only be a second. No need to threaten me.”  I watched her smile at me, then turn and run up the stairs to her room. Only a minute later once again run down the stairs and out the front gates to the doors.

After I hear the door close, do I finally turn to her father. “Alpha King, how may I help you. If we really could speed this up, that would be lovely. As you heard, I just promised to take your daughter out for ice cream.”