• Chapter 6 🛌

I made my way up the steps of Stu's house, behind him as he fiddled in his pocket for the keys.With his parents leaving earlier this evening, he had the whole house to himself. He pushed open the door before stepping back and letting me walk in first. I looked around the house my arms folded, a sigh leaving my lips at the oncoming headache i had, as Stu locked the door behind us.

      "Come on, let's get you warmed up" he said wrapping his arms around my shivering frame. We made our way up the large steps of his house, making our way into his room.

    I sat on the bed staring blankly at the floor infront of me as he pulled open his dresser drawer, grabbing something from it and walking over to me. "I know it's big...but you left your clothes at Sidney's"

    I looked up at him to see him holding out a plain orange t-shirt with a small smile on his face. I reached out taking the top of him, showing a smile that didn't reach my eyes. Noticing this, he sat down by me wrapping his arms around me, my eyes welling up again, as we sat in the silence with the only sound being my small weeps.

     He stroked my hair as he had me pulled close to him. "It's okay, it's okay" I shook my head standing up.

    "No it's not okay" my voice coming out harsher than it intended to "someone just attacked me......two nights in a row, the only difference between tonight and last night was that the person with me wasn't killed" Stu sat there speechless "I mean the killer had me right there-" i looked to stu to see him looking at me with sorrow in his eyes. "-both nights and didn't kill me. why is that Stu?"

      Stu went to open his mouth but before he could get a word out I continued on as I began pacing back and forth. "I mean, why knock me out? Huh? And why wrap that god awful costume around me instead of letting me freeze. If he's a killer why is he trying to keep me alive? I mean-" I stopped my rant as something sticking out from Stu's wardrobe caught my attention. Stu shifted on the bed looking at me, wondering why I stopped.

     "Y/n?" His voice sounded behind me but it just sounded like white noise. My heartbeat pounded in my ears as I walked over to the open door of the wardrobe. bending down picking up the small bag. "Y/n, you okay?" Stu's voice sounded behind me.

I looked down at what was in my hand. The sound of Stu's feet meeting the ground could be heard as he came up behind me. I turned slowly to look at him holding up the package containing the costume in my hand. His eyes flickering between my eyes and the costume .

      "W-what the hell is this?" I looked down at the bag to see the same mask the killer had been wearing looking back at me.

     "No. No Y/n this is not what it looks like" I looked up at him "Troy from school, he asked me to get it for him since it's coming up to Halloween and I live by the store. He was gonna come round tonight and collect it." he took a step towards me but I stepped back almost falling into the wardrobe "baby, please. You gotta believe me. I didn't even know that's what the killer was wearing until tonight. Why would I want to hurt you?"

*RING*

     Our heads snapped to the small telephone beside Stu's bed. He looked between me and the phone before walking over to pick it up. "Hello?" He paused for a moment "mr Y/l/n? Is that you?" He turned to look at me "I think it's your dad" I walked over taking the phone out of his hand

    "Hello? Dad?" A manic, deep laugh came through the phone and panic coursed thought me once again.

     "Not quite" I felt like I had been winded. As I spun on my heel to look at Stu "heh, yeah. Looks like you and Sidney got the wrong guy." I shook my head tears forming in my eyes