K. (YUNGI)

"I've been waiting for you to slip back in bed, when you light the candle..."

K.
-Cigarettes After Sex

•••••

I remember when I first noticed that you liked me back.

We were sat at a small table inside the rundown interior of your favorite restaurant, waiting for the check.

You were sat in front of me, chin resting in the palm of your hand; my favorite pair of circle lenses you always wore sliding down your nose.

Your dark hair was unruly like it always was, long fringe grazing the tops of your eyes while the rest curled around your face, just the way I liked it.

You had no makeup on, but your skin still glowed with life from when we had made love in the comfort of my bed earlier that day, casually parting with no strings attached.

But I could tell that something had changed how you looked at me then.

You were staring at me, the mole on your cheek rising as you smiled that enduring gummy smile of yours that I could just never get enough of.

"What are you looking at?"

I had asked, feeling a blush rise to my face as you continued to look at me; your blinding smile never seeming to falter.

"You"

You didn't say anymore as you casually rose from the table, knowing I would follow as I hastily handed money to a nearby waitress.

You were waiting for me outside, the streetlights casting a warm orange glow to your black-clad body, the November breeze ruffling your hair.

I used to like you best dressed in black from head to toe, the hoodie you wore having belonged to me as it swallowed your thin frame. But now I didn't care what you wore. I liked you best when you were just with me and no one else.

No one else

I had approached you, your soft fingers intertwining with my own as soon as I was close enough. We didn't say anything about it, choosing rather to walk in silence back to my apartment; an unspoken agreement passing between us.

You pulled me along, knowing the path before you by heart. You made us stop underneath a canopy of lights that hung in the branches above us, slowly beginning to sway us to the low beat of some random music that played in a nearby club. I couldn't help but give in to your fantasies, laughing as I spun you around like the princess you wished to be; wanting so badly to lean in and kiss you against the lips, capturing this moment forever.

You stopped me right before I could pull you any closer, your dark eyes staring at me once again with that look. You said nothing as you recaptured my hand between your own, seemingly ending our impromptu waltz without another word.

You kept quiet even as we reached the door of my apartment, watching as I dug around in my pockets for my keys; eventually unlocking it.

You had casually kicked off your shoes by the door, making your way towards my bedroom by heart, having done it a million times over.

I followed along helplessly, crawling in after you as you slid under my sheets. I had wound my arms around your slim waist, pulling you against my body.

I happily accepted every kiss you placed to my lips, wishing for this moment to last forever as your mouth moved against mine in a sense of comforting familiarity.

I held you within my arms as you slowly fell asleep, never having been able to do so before.

And it was just as good as I knew it would be.

I buried my nose into your hair, the smell of my shampoo still lingering there. The weight of you in my arms and against my chest was something I would never forget, feeling my hold around you tighten unconsciously.

I never wanted you to leave.

"I don't think I can live without you, Song Mingi."

I had whispered into the crown of your head, only the silence of my quiet bedroom catching my heavy confession.

I had fallen in love...

Author's Notes: And that's the end of the very first chapter of this book!  I would love to know what you guys think about it?  Did you like it?  Is it something I should continue or just give up on instantly?  I ended up trying out a different style with this and just tried to keep everything short and sweet.  I can't tell if it's good or not...

P.S if this does continue, just know that most of the stories will be inspired by Cigarettes After Sex's songs!  I love their music and their lyrics just give me so much inspiration!

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

Please go support my "ATEEZ Mpreg Oneshots" book and my series
"Thank U"

Cross-posted on Archiveofourown
@_J.W_Illustrations on Instagram