MORNING MISHAPS (Family AU)

TW: Blood, description of injury

••••••

"Wooyoung-ah."

Seonghwa warned, watching as his four-year-old slowly extracted his hand away from his brother's plate, Mingi too invested with the cup of orange juice in his hold to even notice that he was getting robbed of his banana slices.

The kindergartner's feet swished happily underneath the table, completely content as he sipped on his juice while Wooyoung slumped back into his seat with a dramatic whine; little arms crossing over his chest. He'd always been one for theatrics. Even at seven in the morning.

The blonde sighed as he was fixed with a prominent glare from his second youngest; his lips extending out into an aggressive pout identical to his father's. Although, the preschooler miraculously refrained from throwing a fit, choosing rather to continue staring daggers his way. Seonghwa still mentally cheered at the small victory. Beggars really can't be choosers, especially when it comes to having six kids.

He quickly zipped up the Spider-Man lunch box in front of him, setting it in the line of others he'd placed on the counter as he grabbed the last two bags, both identical in color and design besides the names Hongjoong had embroidered on the front. Placing in two small containers of kimbap, which he had been smart enough to make the night before, he hastily filled his twins' thermoses with water and packed them as well. He grabbed two more apples from the fridge as he set out to clean and cut them, just like he'd done with the rest of his boys' lunch; eyeing his kids as he began to slice the red fruit.

Everyone was sat at the dining table, munching on scrambled eggs and bananas as they waited for the bus; five sets of eyes glued to the tv in the living room as they ate. He didn't usually put it on in the mornings, but sometimes the distraction was needed if it meant he could corral his pack of boys into one specific area. Especially when he was short staffed a husband.

Hongjoong had been called into work early, leaving him to fend for himself as he was tasked with the duty of waking, dressing, feeding, and shipping off all the kids to school in time, let alone making sure their lunches and backpacks were also good to go. The look of sheer guilt on his husband's face as he left had been just enough to keep him from murdering the man as soon as he got back home. Plus, the promise that he would handle bedtime tonight to make up for it, much too his relief.

"Sannie, only bottoms stay on the chairs."

Seonghwa called out as he bagged his fourth round of apple slices, having noticed the kindergartner perch himself up on bent knees to better see the tv.

The six-year-old quickly obeyed as the blonde walked over to place his son's lunch bag with the others, taking the time to clean up his boys' plates as well and set them near the sink; internally crying at the stack of plastic cutlery and dishes. He didn't even have to ask before a head of brown hair was suddenly in front of him, opening the dishwasher as his ten-year-old began to put his siblings' plates inside, Yeosang coming up behind him with all of their cups in hand as he passed them to his older brother quietly.

"Thank you."

Seonghwa praised before his watch suddenly buzzed along his wrist; catching his attention. He looked down at the screen, eyes widening when he caught sight of the time.

7:40 am.

"Shit!"

"POTTY WORD! PAY UP!"

"Sorry!"

Seonghwa quickly apologized at Wooyoung's shout. He'd add a coin to their (mostly Hongjoong's) swear jar later. He had more important things to focus on right now anyways.