🐙 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟨: 𝒲𝑒 𝐹𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉 🐙

Art by Ninomae Ina'nis on twitter

We are at the finale for this book! Don't worry, I will write an epilogue some point soon and then I'm going to focus on my other Gura book, and then I'll start writing Kiara's book and the collection will be complete!

Otherwise. enjoy

*** = Gore warning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time you woke up next, Banshee was no longer curled around you, though Tako was now resting in your lap. The guardian was prowling around, circling the tree as they glared into the darkness of the treeline.

From where you were, you could barely make out the silhouettes of wolf-like creatures, eyes glinting darkly as they eyed off your hiding spot.

'Oh great, more scaled wolves' You hissed to yourself, feeling Tako roll around and purr before falling asleep again. You gently held the little spirit closer to you, trying to hide them away from the leering glares of the wolves. You had no idea what would happen to them if somehow a wolf got Tako in their fangs, but you sure as hell didn't want to find out.

Apparently one of the Scaled Wolves tried to skitter a little closer to the tree, because not five seconds later Banshee bashed it back into the forest with a few of their tentacles. The wolf landed with a thud and a sickening crack, which sent all the others yelping and running away.

Banshee's face tentacles wiggled mockingly, their ear flaps remaining pinned back as the stalked back towards the tree.

'We should reach the shrine before nightfall' Their disembodied voice whispered in your head. You nodded, grabbing Banshee's outstretched tentacle and hoisting yourself on to their back again. Tako grumbled a few times before floating a few centimeters above your hands, their eyes still half closed.

"C'mon Tako, you gotta wake up" You gently poked the Takodachi, to which the spirit vibrated and squeaked, burying themselves in your warmth again. You tried to wake them up again to no avail, and instead let them sleep half concealed in your shirt.

The rest of the travel was fairly silent and serene, a little too quiet for your liking, though. The only immediate sounds was the heavy footfall of Banshee and the sounds of their tentacles brushing against the flora. The lack of anything trying to stop or kill you was different and it kept you on edge. A change of pace, sure, but a welcome one, you guessed.

'Friend! I know a way we can pass time. The game you humans like to call 'I Spy' Banshee's voice was laced with a sudden excited tone, their little face tentacles squirming as they regarded you with almost child-like wonder.

You sighed and chuckled. Of course Ina would teach her Takodachis how to play I spy.

"Mmmm..... I spy?" A small voice sounded from your shirt. Within moments, a small, bleary eyed octopus poked their head out, ear flaps wiggling with curiosity.

"Nice of you to finally join us, Tako" You gave the little spirit a playful pat on the head, eliciting a few chirps from the small creature.

'Small friend is awake? I spy?' Banshee paused for a few moments, ear flaps swiveling around and listening to your surroundings. Evidentially, whatever they had been listening for wasn't there, or at least wasn't making sounds anymore as they shrugged and continued padding through the brush.

'We'll go first' They stated, swinging their head from side to side in order to spot something interesting.

'I spy with my little eye..' They began, their claws tapping along the ground with every step. "Something beginning with a' They nodded to themselves, seemingly proud of their chosen object.