6

"So tell me what's been going on with you... It's been a month since we last spoke" Angelina's therapist said after he had sat down on the couch across from her. "Um...Nothing much.... Except... I met someone" Angelina said as the thought of Beyoncé crowded her mind, it had been a couple of days since that day they kissed each other. "That doesn't sound like nothing, that means you're making progress, you should be proud of yourself for making connections with other people again. So is this person a friend or something more?" The therapist asked. "Um... I'm not sure" Angelina answered reluctantly, the therapist took note of her body language that made it seem like there was something Angelina wasn't sharing. "... Can you describe how this person makes you feel?" the therapist asked gently, she let Angelina take her time as she just sat there in silence thinking. "She... She's really funny, and sweet. We kissed the last time we were together which was a few days ago... I liked it but... I don't know if this is what I want" Angelina said before looking back up at her therapist. "That's perfectly okay to question what you want. But remember when we first started and you made one of your goals to be more openly communicative with others? This can challenge you to do that" The therapist responded making Angelina nod a little as she looked back down in her lap. "I guess" "... Since the day you kissed, how has it been between you both?" Angelina thought about the days after the kiss, she did notice that she wasn't that responsive to Beyoncé which was typical of Angelina. "I think I started to push her away... because I was unsure and... I think I started to catch feelings for her... So I haven't talked to her much" Angelina admitted sadly, she knew she didn't want to stop talking to Beyoncé but out of habit she was beginning to do just that. "Did you start to feel the way you felt after your first encounter with your ex?" The therapist asked carefully, Angelina froze for a moment before a tear travelled down her left cheek, she knew what she meant and unfortunately as much as she tried to block out the memories, they came flooding back. She nodded and the therapist placed a tissue box on the table which she took and thanked her quietly. "Yeah... But... I don't wanna feel like that with her" Angelina admitted...

*****

Angelina paced her living room floor deciding on how to start the conversation with Beyoncé when she decides to finally call her. As she tried to come up with a script in her mind she heard a knock at her door making her come out of her head. She went to the door expecting to see Miss Rodriguez, but instead she saw the very woman she hadn't stopped thinking about. "Hey stranger" Beyoncé said with a smile with her brows raised a little. "H-hi... What are you doing here?" Angelina asked still looking as if she had seen a ghost. "I was in the city so I thought I'd stop by... Is now a good time?" Beyoncé said as her smile began to slowly disappear feeling like Angelina was going through something. "y-yeah... Come in" Angelina said opening the door wider letting Beyoncé walk past her into the apartment before closing the door behind them. Silence took over the room as Beyoncé walked to the couch and sat down before looking at Angelina, taking note of how slow she was to sit down and when she did it was at the very opposite of the couch.

"Is everything okay?" Beyoncé asked curiously. "Yeah why?" Angelina replied quickly, she knew that was her first opportunity to be truthful and voice her concerns but she was too afraid too. "You just seem... A little on edge. And I'm sure we weren't this far apart last time I saw you" Beyoncé said with a small smile referring to the kiss they shared. Angelina began to feel her heart pound so loud she swore Beyoncé could hear it. "Um... I forgot to offer you a drink, you want anything?" Angelina said as she quickly got up from the couch and walked over to the kitchen, Beyoncé watched her and knew something was definitely up, she had never seen her this way. "I got apple juice, some wine or there's water-" Angelina said as she closed her fridge and turned around but jumped as she saw Beyoncé stood at the counter looking at her. "I'm fine thank you... I actually came over to talk to you about something" Beyoncé said, Angelina nodded before leading them back over to the couch. "What is it?" Angelina asked. "I um... Just noticed that since we kissed the other day... it seemed as if you were a bit distant. I just wanted to make sure I didn't make you feel uncomfortable... and if I did I wanted to apologise" Beyoncé said calmly. "No... No you didn't" Angelina said making Beyoncé nod her head, "... so, is there any reason why you seemed a little distant? Did something happen?" Beyoncé asked carefully. Angelina took a deep breath still looking down at her hands, "Um..." Is all that Angelina could find herself able to say right now, the ball was back in her court and she just wished she could be as honest and straight forward as Beyoncé just was. Suddenly, she felt Beyoncé's hand slip in between her own before she felt her move closer, "Whatever it is, you can tell me" Beyoncé said calmly, but Angelina felt herself having an internal conflict, did she really just want to stay friends with Beyoncé, could she even stay in that zone with her after having kissed her?

Beyoncé waited patiently until Angelina finally lifted her head up to meet her eyes. The brunette's intense green eyes could only connect with Beyoncé's for a few seconds before they dropped again. "I don't know... if I'm ready to love again... I don't want to kiss you and lead you on... and not be honest... I just find it really hard to talk about my feelings from... Past experiences" Angelina slowly spoke, she felt a weight lift off her shoulders after speaking her truth. She felt Beyoncé's thumb rub against the back of her hand and felt her other pick her chin up making them lock eyes. "Thank you for being honest... And if I were to be honest... I wouldn't mind if you don't want a relationship... and still want to kiss, and do other things when you're comfortable. And we just remain friends... But that's only if you feel comfortable, we don't have to do that if you don't want to" Beyoncé said staring into the brunette's eyes that were captivating she didn't realise how close they were. Angelina let out a shaky breath as she imagined what doing "other things" with Beyoncé would involve, she wasn't against finding out. "I'd like that" Angelina replied, "Would like what? Tell me directly what you'd like" Beyoncé said in a low tone, squaring her eyes at her as a smirk formed on her face. "I'd like to still kiss you... and... do other things... As friends" Angelina said looking directly into Beyoncé's honey brown eyes. Beyoncé nodded her head with a small smile, "Good girl" She said as she slowly pulled Angelina in for a kiss which she accepted and kissed her back. Whilst they made out, Beyoncé suddenly pulled back making Angelina open her eyes to look at her, "I want to make something clear... If you want to tell me anything, especially when it comes to how you feel about me or our connection, don't be afraid to tell me. Okay?" Beyoncé said making Angelina nod her head with a small smile, "Use your words" Beyoncé said gently as she caressed Angelina's cheek, which she could see made her melt. "Okay... and you can tell me anything as well... Is that clear?" Angelina asked in a smart tone as she raised her brow with a smirk. Beyoncé smiled, "Yes ma'am" Beyoncé whispered back before pulling Angelina into her embrace, this time by her waist making Angelina wrap her arms around Beyoncé's shoulders as their lips smashed onto each others...

****

Beyoncé and Angelina found themselves laid on the couch with Angelina's head on Beyoncé's chest. They had made out for a long time and that along with he sexual tension made them both somewhat tired. Beyoncé stroked Angelina's hair back gently making Angelina feel like going to sleep, so she snuggled into Beyoncé making her hold her tighter than before. "You okay?" Beyoncé said quietly making Angelina nod in her chest, "mhm". Beyoncé thought about how nervous Angelina seemed earlier when it came to being honest with what she wanted from Beyoncé and she was wondering why because Angelina didn't seem the type to get that nervous. "You know earlier when you were afraid to be honest with me about what you wanted?... Why was that?" Beyoncé asked gently. Angelina sighed a little before moving away from her chest so they were face to face, "I was afraid of how you were gonna take it... I never used to be that type of person, but... something happened and now it's kinda like, communicating what I want is like a potential trigger for me now" Angelina said as she felt Beyoncé's hand slowly stroke her arm making her feel safe. Beyoncé just looked at Angelina with sadness in her eyes before asking, "What happened?". Angelina took a big breath before looking down and beginning to speak, "After a few cases of my ex-husband beating me I told him I wanted a divorce... that seemed to be the last piece of me that was naturally confident... and he beat it out of me" Angelina replied not looking at Beyoncé but she could see the hurt in her face, she caressed her cheek letting her know its okay for her to continue. "Around a year and a half after I got divorced I started to go to therapy to try and help me get back to myself, I got told I have PTSD... I'm still going, and my therapist reminded me that one of my goals is to be more communicative with those in my life, so that's why I was so nervous. I haven't... been honest with anyone in a really long time" Angelina admitted before looking back at Beyoncé who was already looking at her. "You can always be honest with me. If one day you feel like this isn't what you want anymore, I want you to know you can tell me that without worrying about getting hurt... ill never intend to hurt you, ever." Beyoncé said meaning every word, although she knew Angelina and her were in a friends with benefits type of situation, she still wanted her to feel emotionally safe with her as well as physically especially after knowing what she's been through. Angelina smiled at her for a while before replying, "thank you".