Chapter 4: Sports Festival and Overhaul

Author: Here we are! So in this chapter, Izuku will be watching the sports festival (But it'll mostly just be canon with Izumi taking Canon/Izuku's place.) Izuku himself will also come face to face with Overhaul.

________________________________

Flashback

Izuku stood over the exhausted bodies of his friends, everyone one of them slumped down on the sand while trying to catch their breath.

Denki: I-Izuku... how... do... you run! For! An! Hour!

Mina: I need... new... lungs...

Izuku: I increased my endurance and stamina by running along the shoreline of the beach. The uneven footing of the sand helps you improve your speed as well.

Momo: That... is... t-true...

Shoto seemed to be only slightly winded but he was just as sweaty as the rest of them.

Kyoka was slowly getting back to her feet, albeit rather shakily.

Hanta: I need... a few more... minutes...

Izuku: I apologize but that is not happening. Now we will work on body conditioning and muscle toning.

A collective groan of disagreement echoed around Izuku.

Flashback end

Izuku was currently in the announcer booth with Hizashi and Aizawa, the two pros being the MCs for the first year sports festival.

The first event was something that tests endurance and problem solving: The Obstacle Course. Izuku paid close attention during this even as he wanted to see what kind of tactics students from the heroics and other classes will pull off.

As Izuku sat on his seat, a notebook was in his hand as he began writing what he sees regarding his class and 1-B. He figured that some regiments on training would be beneficial to them in terms of improving their quirks. The entire time, he ignore any and all discussions around him, including that of his father trying to talk to him but continuously being told not to distract him.

Nezu: All Might, if you cannot follow such simplistic instructions of allowing Izuku to work on the task I have given him, then you may leave.

Nezu said sternly, the Symbol of Peace becoming quiet before moving away from Izuku.

_____________________________

The festival was at it's peak now, the one on one tournament. Students went up against one another but ultimately, in the end, it was down to Shoto Todoroki and Katsuki Bakugou.

Nezu: Izuku, pay close attention to this fight, alright?

Izuku: I intend to do just that, Nezu.

Izuku replies as he even set his pen and notebook down before his cold eyes stayed trained on the two first years.

Author: The fight goes as canon except Todoroki actually wins this time.

Izuku nodded his head, satisfied at how it turned out while dotting down what he had seen. Shoto had began becoming more verse in his quirk, utilizing his fire and ice in ways that could be supportive rather than just defence and offence.

The award ceremony was held but Izuku didn't stick around much longer, having gotten what he needed and decided to go on about his day. As he left, he felt his phone begin to buzz in his pocket, getting him to answer the call.

Izuku: Hello?

Inko: Izuku? Sorry to call you, sweetie, but I have some errand in town today, I was hoping if you could meet me at the grocers.