Ch.1- Heartbroken

I can't believe he cheated on me! But honestly, I had been expecting that ever since the day we started dating. Hi! I'm Emma, but my friends call me Em. I'm in 9th Grade at Silverleaf high. Let me tell you the crazy story that I call my life; from the beginning. It all started when I started dating James a.k.a the most popular, handsome, self-obsessed guy at my school. 

I was sitting under the bleachers during the lunch break with my BFF Olivia when I heard a familiar voice- it was James! My boyfriend. I was about to go out when Olivia stopped me "Let's see what he is doing" she said with a smirk. Then I heard someone coming towards him and sitting beside him "I missed you so much babe!" he said and then they started making out! I jumped out from under the bleachers and yelled at James "How could you cheat on me!" And then I ran away crying. I honestly don't know why I was crying. I knew, somewhere, in the back of my mind, I was expecting it. I mean wouldn't you also, if you had a boyfriend who was a total chick magnet and had 2 freakin' fandoms! I was heartbroken. The rest of the day was a blur. When I returned home- it was the same thing all over again. I could hear my parents arguing in their room. When they heard the door open, they stopped and started smothering me. It was the only thing that brought my parents on the same page. They wanted me to have a happy, loving, and stable childhood as my dad grew up in an orphanage and my mom was left on the streets as a child and then an old couple found her crying and decided to adopt her. But then they both passed away and she was alone all over again. That night, we were all silent at dinner and then my parents went early to bed. I was frustrated with my life. All I wanted more than anything was a blank slate. So I packed my bags with essentials and ran away.