Chapter 1

It was nighttime and the losers were all hanging at the quarry, getting away from their lives that they hated so much. They were playing spin the bottle. It was Richies turn.

RICHIE POV:
Ok let's hope this goes well. I hope it's Eddie.. wait no I couldn't have thought that! We are just friends and he will only ever see me as a friend anyways. "Hurry up and spin it!" Bev said excitedly. I spun it and closed my eyes so I couldn't see who it spun on. It stopped and I opened my eyes. It was pointed at Eddie.

EDDIE POV:
Oh my god! It landed on me! I have been waiting for this moment for a while now, wait no! This isn't right! Im straight, or at least I think I am?! He leaned in for a kiss and I went in for it. I felt like I was dreaming. The kiss was short and I decided to kiss him again. Out of embarrassment, I ran away to the Barrens, it was my favorite place. It was where I met Richie. I layer down in the grass, until I saw someone lay down next to me. I couldn't see who it was, but they held my hand, it felt nice.

RICHIE POV:
I can't believe I'm doing this, holding Eddie's hand. I've only ever liked girls, but when I'm with Eddie it just feels different. I feel safe, unlike how I feel when I'm at home, getting abused by my alcoholic mother. I decided to say something to break the awkward silence "I feel different when I'm with you Eds, I-" I got cut off by him giggling and saying "Don't call me Eds!" I continued what I was saying. "Eddie, I think I like you... I just needed to get it off of my chest, and I get it if you don't feel the sa-" He kissed me! Eddie fucking Kaspbrack kissed me! "I like you too Chee." He said as he hugged me.

EDDIE POV:
Did I really do that?! I kissed Richie Tozier! And even after all of that I told him I liked him! This was the best night of my life. "Did you know that it's very hard to count all the stars in the sky because there are so many?" He asked hoping to break the silence. "Well let's get counting." I said in a joking voice. "Deal. But first we got to get back to the losers, they're probably confused as fuck!" I laughed and agreed, and as we headed back, yet again our lips touched, this time it was him who did it, it was for 10.4 seconds, yeah I know it's weird that I counted but that's how much I love him...

RICHIE POV:
I kissed him, and it was for a long time. "Now come on Eds, we really gotta get back to the other losers." I said. We walked back to the losers, not realizing that we were holding hands, but the losers noticed. "Bill you owe me 10 bucks!" I heard Stan say. Me and Eddie were confused at first but then we realized that we were holding hands and immediately stopped. "Soooo... are you guys dating?" Bev asked with an funny expression. I looked at Eddie, both of us were blushing but I still looked at him with a questioning look and he nodded his head and smiled. "I guess you could say that Beaver-ly!" I said laughing hysterically.

EDDIE POV:
Holy shit holy shit holy shit! I'm dating Richie! I couldn't believe it. He kissed me on the forehead until Bev said "get a room!" We decided to go to his house and chill, but his mom was there so I had to sneak into his room. I was waiting for him to open his window, but he didn't. Instead of hearing his bedroom door open, I heard screams. I immediately ran to the living room window only to see that his mom was beating him up, making him bleed. She finally let him go and I went back to his window, hoping that he would open it so that I could comfort him. He did and I immediately climbed in to hug him. He told me that I should go but I told him that I wanted to comfort him, so he let me stay.

RICHIE POV:
I was in pain, the only thing bringing me happiness was Eddie. "Do you want to go up on my roof?" I asked. "Sure why not?" Eddie said. We went up to my roof and brought pillows and blankets. It seemed like Eddie was cold, so I hugged him. "Hey why don't we count the stars?" He said happily. "Alright." I said. We almost fell asleep on the roof but luckily we didn't. I let him sleep in my bed while I slept on the floor. "You can sleep up here Chee. Its cold anyways." Eddie said. I climbed up into bed and hugged him. "Better?" "Yeah." He said as he drifted to sleep, staring at me. I counted his freckles. 86. A funny number especially because it was the amount of stars we counted that night.