02

CHAPTER TWO ;
LONELY WANDERER

  ACT ONE ;
EYES OF JUSTICE

Staring off into the distance where the sea stretched out was always a calming thing to do

Staring off into the distance where the sea stretched out was always a calming thing to do. It WAS hard with the constant heavy rain and lightning, but it was still calming.

The two (or two and a half) people behind me seemed to think they were hidden in plain sight and would never be seen, but it was quite the opposite.

"It's not very polite to just stand and watch someone without their permission."

"WhOOPS! SORRY GENERAL!" The skittish soldier jumped from their hiding place and put his hands up in the air.

I recognised him, he was Teppei. He was always making a fuss and trying to strike up useless small talk whenever he had the chance, even when he knew he was going to be ignored. All in all, a weirdo.

But this time, he had brought company. A blonde-haired boy with a little floating thing beside him. At first, I thought it was a real thing, like a balloon, but then it blinked.

"Hello! We'd like to talk —" the little girl started.

"Bye."

I started to walk off from the trio, but they started to follow in hot pursuit.

"We really really want to talk!" The girl pestered, "Paimon is Paimon! This is Aether! This is T–"

"Teppei. I already know. "

"How–"

"I'd be an irresponsible general if I didn't even know my members." I shortly answered, still walking away. However, I stopped when I realised they would carry on following.

"What exactly do you want? You're getting on my nerves."

"So cold! We'r–"

Paimon was cut off by Aether.

"We're on behalf of an old friend of yours, we believe. His name is Kazuha. "

'Kazuha? He's alive?'

"Sorry. Never heard of him. " I lied and was about to start walking off again.

"Liar," the blonde stated.

"What?"

"You're lying"

"So what if I am? It's none of your business. Please leave me alone now." They stood in shock, and I was finally able to leave without being stalked.

﹌﹌﹌

[WITH TEPPEI, PAIMON, AND AETHER]

"Phew! She sure is scary!" The pixie wiped imaginary sweat from her brow and said, "But Aether, how did you know she was lying?"

"I didn't," he started, "but she looked a lot sadder when we mentioned his name. Her expression softened more as well. "

The pixie nodded whilst the soldier beside them was having a full-on breakdown.

"ohmyarchonsohmyarchons! She actually spoke more than one word! I'm SO gonna tell all my friends when I get back!" He babbled on and on whilst the other two watched on in amusement.

"You talk as though she's NEVER EVER said anything! Is she really that quiet?"

"Yes"

"oh–"

﹌﹌﹌

[BACK WITH OUR MAIN CHARACTER]

Silent. As all things should be.

"GENERAL! WE HAVE AN ISSUE ON THE FRONT LINES! KUJOU SARA HAS MADE AN APPEARANCE!"

Dammit.

I obviously couldn't just not go because I wanted some silence, so I ran to where the front lines were and saw the blonde I had shooed off earlier taking part in a duel against a bulky member of Sara's army.

"Stronger than I anticipated," the tengu said, "this contest has served its purpose."

Uh oh.

"Soldiers, ATTACK!" She shouted, and the brigade of the army started to charge forward.

"Glory to the Shogun and her everlasting reign!"

She held her bow string and withdrew, the arrow surrounding itself with electro, and she then let go. It shot through the crowd and hit an unsuspecting resistance member who was fighting a shogunate warrior.

It was a fact that her aim was unrivalled when it came to her and her bow, but how would she fare if one was to engage in close combat with her?

I had sparred with her once, and she was decent with a blade, but that was when she had one. All she had was a bow and a few arrows.

Only one way to find out if she could fight close range.

To do it myself.

I withdrew my blade and started to sprint towards the commander of the army. all while slashing at oncoming attacks from her soldiers. None were fatal, but they'd definitely serve as a reminder.

My eyes met with her golden ones, and they widened as she hurriedly drew another arrow. Her widened eyes turned into a ferocious glare, and she let the arrow

My gaze never faltered, however, and my sword became shrouded in a vibrant blue. Water.

The water slowed the arrow greatly, and it snapped in half from the pressure. An almost ribbon like pattern appeared in the wake of the blade as the sand became dampened.

I was much closer now, so much so that if I were to slash, it would most definitely come into contact with the tengu warrior.

I narrowed my eyes slightly as she gritted her teeth in annoyance. She took out an arrow, but instead of placing it inside the bow, she used it as some kind of knife.

I slashed at her side and felt it come into contact with something.

She had blocked it with her hand, albeit not scott-free. She had blood spewing from her palm, and she quickly backed away.

Then, bubbles started to come from the floor and a young lady with pastel pink hair and a calm smile came from the sky.

Sara closed her eyes before giving a hesitant "RETREAT!"

I watched quietly as the now smaller army withdrew from the beach and ran towards the hills.

I flicked my sword in the air and the small droplets of red liquid fell onto the sand. I then placed it back into the scabbard at my hip and started to walk towards where all of the others were standing.

Well, that was before a certain head of white caught my line of sight. He was already turned towards my direction with a small, soft, almost happy smile.

I stood there dazed and confused.

'what. the. hell' 

═════════════════

1006 words

edited ✓