06

CHAPTER SIX ;
WILL REVEALED

ACT ONE ;
EYES OF JUSTICE

The stay was quite awkward

The stay was quite awkward. The kitsune tried to make small talk, but I didn't budge. Two contributing factors caused this: awkwardness and the dread that was slowly but surely pooling in the pit of my stomach.

The sky had gotten darker and the lightning that had started to strike the ground didn't go unnoticed either.

It made me more and more worried.

I certainly wasn't that close to the traveller. However, the conversations I had with him were meaningful and empathetic.

He was a good person, that was for sure.

"You seem tense. Do you have any concerns about the traveler? Don't tell him you like him already? " The pink-haired lady teased, her ear twitching slightly. She was enjoying the moment.

"Don't be ridiculous. Taking a liking to someone so fast is stupid. "

"Hmmm~ if you say so. Being in denial isn't good for your mind either!"

"I'm not in deni—"

"Look at the sky. I think it's time for you to help the resistance and put an end to what you've beat yourself up for all these years. "

"The resistance?" I asked in confusion, "Why would they be here?"

"I sent a letter to Kamisato Ayato, I'm sure you're familiar, yes?"

I nodded my head. He wasn't exactly all that trustworthy, but he's amazing at what he does.

"Well he replied and agreed he'd help with the passage of the resistance, so they can get into the main city without any complications or risk of getting arrested."

I nodded my head in understanding, all while the storm raged even more. The roaring thunder got louder as time went on.

"I'll depart now. I suppose you're not so bad when you're not bullying me. "

"Bullying you?" The shrine maiden giggled to herself, "I wouldn't dream of it! Think of it as friendly teasing! "

I shook my head slowly as I started springing down the mountain without any last words. 

What I said was true. She was a good person after you got the last of the gaslighting and manipulation she did to get her way. In a way, her tactics were admirable, as they never failed. Alas, I wasn't very good at playing mind games like she was. I suppose it was from her many years of living.

﹌﹌﹌

I had gotten to Tenshukaku faster than I had anticipated. I was now wheezing for air. Perhaps the adrenaline I felt as I made my way here was so great that I didn't realise how tired I'd be by the time I got here.

As I approached, I saw a group of resistance soldiers and the traveller along with Paimon on the staircase to Tenshukaku.

He looked terrible, if I were to be honest. His eyes looked troubled and his body language was tense.

Fate didn't want to let him breathe, though.

In an instant, an electro-eye appeared in thin air and the Raiden Shogun popped out with her sword drawn.

It was happening again.

It was just like that day.

I wasn't strong enough to save him, yet I survived.

Why was that?

I didn't know.

Like hell, I'd let it happen again, though.

But as if he had thought the same, a familiar anemo user stepped forward and a burst of electro and maple leaves covered the scene.

He had blocked it.

A struggle was put up as she was pushed away. She recovered quickly, however, and launched him down the steps.

As much as I wanted to go over and check if he was okay, my line of sight was locked onto the archon and the traveller.

The traveller seemed troubled and looked franticly around, as if the atmosphere would give him an answer. I knew exactly what he was going to do and started to sprint up the steps.

I had heard how badly hurt he got after his first encounter with her. What made him think he could take her on and come out completely fine?

"WAIT! DON'T!"

I tried to reach out for his wrist after the yell, but darkness suddenly enveloped me.

He was still there, looking around with a determined look, but I was confused.

Is this what Yae meant?

"So, we meet again..."

An authoritative voice echoed through the dark plain as the electro archon got down from her meditating position.

"And you... I remember you from that day... " She said, a small frown on her lips, as if regret was consuming her at that moment.

"The only human on record to withstand the musou no hitotachi"

══════════════════

LORE !

before anyone starts commenting 'WeLl KaZUha WITHsToOd It'

an explanation will be given next chapter and it'll make sense :))

789 words

edited ✓