Ch. 2: Abandoned Toy Factory

Thirteen years have passed. Now it's 1997. You're nineteen years old now and you live with your sister Mindy who's twenty nine now. She hadn't grown out of her punk phase. She began to love bands that are all the rage now. Green Day, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, etc. She's still big on Metallica.

You're both in the living room right now watching TV. You're watching Beavis and Butthead. One of your favorite shows. It's the episode No Laughing. You're both laughing as you watch it. Mindy says, "I'm glad you're living with me, (Y/N). Sucks living by yourself." You say, "Thanks for having me, sis."

She says, "That one night mom threw your favorite toy out and she threatened to throw ME out. Remember that?" You say, "Yeah. What about it?" She smirks and says, "Little did she know, right before I moved out... I threw her beloved Poppy in the garbage." You say, "That was you? She accused ME of losing Poppy."

She says, "Of course she'd do that. I exposed her to you when you were twelve and she showed her true colors to you." You say, "The fucking nerve she had." She says, "Glad dad divorced her ass." You sigh and you say, "There are times I still think about my Huggy Wuggy doll to this day. That was a really shitty thing mom did. I thought she was a good mom until you told me the truth."

She says, "It's bad enough Playtime Co got shut down ten years ago. Some incidents happened and employees went missing." You look at her and you say, "Wait, what? The toy factory they were making Poppy Playtime, Huggy Wuggy and all that?" She says, "Yeah. I'm sure the so called missing employees are dead by now." You say, "No wonder they weren't putting out any more of their toys." You sigh.

But then something occurs to you. You look at Mindy and you say, "Let's go there." She looks at you and says, "What? You serious right now?" You say, "I wanna relive my childhood. See all the Poppy characters I loved so much. Especially Huggy Wuggy." 

She says, "Fuck. Okay. But I'm coming with you. It may not be safe there with all the shit that's gone down. It's not just employees that went missing and or are dead... but trespassers ended up missing as well. I won't let you go alone." You smile and you say, "Thanks, Mindy."

You both watch TV. Mindy says, "We'll go this Saturday. How about it?" You say, "Okay." The show ends and you say, "I'm getting hungry." She says, "We'll go to Taco Bell. How about it?" You say, "Sounds good to me." 

You pick up the remote and you turn the TV off. She gets up and says, "I'll get my keys and we'll head out." You say, "Cool." You get up too. Mindy grabs her keys from the kitchen table and you both head out and you head for Taco Bell.

**************************************************

Saturday gets here. You and Mindy are on your way to the toy factory that's been abandoned for ten years. Since 1987. Mindy is driving. The radio is playing Dreams by The Cranberries. You're both singing along to it as you drive down the road.

You say, "I'm pretty ecstatic to being at the factory. Whether or not this place is gonna give off a horrifying vibe, I just wanna relive my childhood. You know?" She says, "Yeah. I get what you're saying, (Y/N)." 

You guys get to a gate. A familiar one with a sign up reading 'Playtime Co.' You say, "Mindy. This is it. The toy factory." She parks right outside, parking by the sidewalk. You both get out of the car and you walk to the gate. You look ahead to see it. The factory. You say, "There it is, Mindy. Playtime Co." 

Mindy says, "Hey, look. Part of this gate is broken. We can both fit in here." You and Mindy step through the broken part of the gate and you walk towards the big building. You get to the front doors and you say, "Here we go. Time to explore the factory. Huh... What's this?"

You see a sign hanging up and you read it saying, "Founder of Playtime Co. Elliot Ludwig ... I knew that." You read more. Mindy says, "The one who started it all. Wonder what happened to him." You say, "I don't know. He could be retired or dead by now. I'm not sure. Laith Pierre was the last person to own this place."

You grab the door handle and you say, "Alright. In we go." You pull it open and Mindy says, "At least it's been unlocked." You both walk inside and you look around. You say, "Wow. So this is what the factory looks like inside so far, huh?" 

Mindy says, "There's the front desk." You both walk over to see a computer there. You say, "Huh. The computer looks fairly new. I think someone may have been in here, recently and hooked a computer up here." Mindy looks up in the corner and says, "There's a TV up there, too." 

You look up and you see the TV. You find a green VHS tape sitting on the desk and you say, "Huh." You pick it up and you say, "So um... Should I pop it in the VCR?" Mindy says, "Have at it?" You walk over to the green VCR and you pop the VHS into it.

You step back and you and Mindy both look up. It comes on and you get this, "Hi. My name is Leith Pierre, and I'm the head of innovation here at the Playtime Co. toy factory. If you're seeing this, then you're trespassing." 

You say, "Oh, psh. Shush. I'm reliving my childhood." You both listen to more until the tape ends. Mindy says, "Not too late to turn around?" You say, "I got here and I'm gonna explore. I didn't get here for nothing." Mindy says, "Come on. Let's see what we can find." 

You walk around that area and you walk down a hallway. You look to see a poster of a dinosaur eating. You say, "Look. It's Bron." Mindy says, "Yeah. He was pretty cool." You walk into a room and you walk around. You say, "Hey. Its Boogie Bot." You look at a cutout of a cat and you say, "Awe. Candy Cat." You find a cat slash bee toy and you say, "And Cat Bee. But... where are Poppy and Kissy Missy? And Huggy?" 

Mindy says, "Wasn't Kissy Missy a more female pink version of Huggy Wuggy?" You look over at a couple of boxes saying Huggy Wuggy and you gasp. You walk over and you touch a box saying, "My favorite of them all. Huggy Wuggy." You sigh and you say, "I wish I had mine back." Mindy says, "You would probably still have him if our mom wasn't such a bitch."

You say, "I'm glad you told me. It's possible the doll might be here. MY doll. And Poppy." Mindy says, "You never know. Come on. Let's figure a few things out here and find your beloved Huggy." You say, "Yeah. Let's." 

You both explore the place more, figuring out puzzles like the code on a door. You found out that the train above you guys had the color codes to the door to unlock it and you claim a few things that you'll need. Like the blue hand to the Grab Pack. 

Mindy says, "I saw a door that had a blue hand print above. This hand might unlock it." You mess around with the thing, pulling chairs down. You say, "Okay." You both walk out and pass the turnstile entrances and you use the blue hand on the blue handprint to open the door since it can work on power too. 

Mindy says, "Right on. It worked." You look ahead and you see a familiar blue fuzzy character you loved so much, but really tall. You say, "Oh my god. Huggy." You both walk in and Mindy says, "Dammit. I should've brought food. We'll go after this." You say, "Okay." You approach the giant Huggy Wuggy and you look up. 

You say, "This looks a lot like mine did, but a lot taller. I recognize the detail on this one." Mindy says, "You know something? He kind of does." You say, "Hello again, Huggy." You look up into his eyes. You're unaware that the giant Huggy Wuggy seems to be looking right at you. As if... he was more lifelike.