deux - the vacation

guy germaine

guy germaine

june twentieth, 1992

"guy guess what!" my little sister, belle, said cheerfully.

i smiled at her, "what, belle?" i equaled her excitement.

"we're going to paris!" my jaw dropped. my mom, cassandra, rounded the corner with three plane tickets.

"when?" i asked. we had just finished with the peewee championship to which the ducks won.

"on the twenty eighth. i figured with your win with the ducks, my promotion, and belle's dance recital being an amazing event, we could go on a vacation. it's for two weeks and we'd all be able to go wherever we wanted." my mom smiled.

"this is so cool, mom! thank you!" i'm so excited.

we all brought each other into a big group hug, "i love you guys." my mom said.

belle and i replied at the same time, "i love you more." she bursted into a fit of giggles and i began to chase her around the house.

belle asked to play hide and seek and of course i couldn't say no, so as i counted, she hid. i heard her noisy footsteps go upstairs and so i opened my eyes and walked around the first floor as i counted to 100, belle's request.

walking around i came across a photo frame of me holding belle when she was born. i smiled, vaguely remembering the memory. then, my brown eyes glazed over to a photo of my mom, my sister, and i. slightly frowning, i picked it up.

it's always been us three in the picture. well until belle was born and my dad turned out to be a piece of shit. excuse my language. i was four at the time he left.

i quickly shrugged off the negative energy and went to look for belle.

june twenty ninth, 1992

we had been in paris for one day and i've declared this is my favorite place in the world. belle loves it here and my mom has been radiating the most positive energy since we left.

we walked for hours already today and we were know sitting outside of a small bakery with different pastries to try.

the seats outside were so comfortable i didn't have to rearrange myself once. next to us were to women; one young like my age, and the other older like my mom's age. the younger girl was breathtaking.

we made eye contact at some point and my whole world turned upside down. all thoughts of hockey, connie, my dad, and being in literal paris went away. this girl was amazing.

after we broke our eye contact, i continued eavesdropping as i engaged in my mother and i's conversation.  the older woman spoke, "oh my baby is growing up!" and then the next second they were hugging.

my small family and i looked over with a look of confusion, but we were all smiling at the love radiating from the two.

a few days later

"mom?" i asked, walking around our hotel room. the three of us shared a room. my mom and sister in one queen sized bed, and me in a full by myself.

"yes, honey?" she answered as she was straightening her hair.

i walked closer to her and touched up the blonde curls in my hair, "can i go take a walk?" my mom nodded and told me to be careful and to be back soon.

i quickly ran out of the hotel room and made my way to the eiffel tower. i was wearing baggy jeans and a plain black sweatshirt with converse with a few rings on my fingers.
(picture below)

as i arrived closer to the beautiful tower my eyes fell on a young girl sitting on a park bench, reading

as i arrived closer to the beautiful tower my eyes fell on a young girl sitting on a park bench, reading. i smiled to myself remembering that she was the one i had made eye contact to a few days earlier.

"bonjour." i smiled in french. it was a little rough, but the girl smiled anyway and replied, "bonjour, beau garçon." my eyes went wide and i sighed.

she giggled, "i take it you're not french?" my eyes lit up at the fact that she spoke english. she looked up and our eyes locked. her eyes are so beautiful. a beautiful shade of green.

i sighed again, "nope. i'm american." i smiled, "can i sit here?" the beautiful girl nodded and i sat down next to her. "watcha reading?"

she quickly glanced at her page number and closed the book, "just a book about hockey."

i grinned, "do you play?" please beautiful girl, say you play.

she nodded and shrugged, "i play with friends and my papa and his team, but that's about it. you?"

her papa? i wonder what team he plays for.

"one, we're going to have to go back to your 'papa' and his team in a second. and two, yeah, i play for district 5 in minnesota. we're called the 'ducks.' i then rambled about the ducks.

"don't you guys have a professional team named after you?"

smiling and nodding, i replied, "yep! the anaheim mighty ducks. okay wait so your dad. does he like play professionally?"

"yes. my dad actually plays for minnesota wilds. his name is timothée chardin!" oh my god.

my jaw dropped, "your dad is the timothée chardin?" she nodded again with a smile. "he's like, my idol!" wheels turned inside my head. oh my god. "oh my god! wait! that means you're armelle chardin?"

"in the flesh." armelle said cheekily, i laughed. "that's a saying in america, right?"

"not really." i smiled, laughing slightly. i could feel my dimples pop.

we talked some more about hockey. she asked what position i play and then i brought up how much her father really saved me from continuing hockey. i smiled more today than i ever had in my entire life.

"oh shoot. i should probably introduce myself." i furrowed my eyebrows and got up from the bench and stood in front of her, bowing slightly, "guy germaine, at your service." i ushered for me to extend my hand to him and i did. i kissed her beautiful hand with a smirk.

"guy germaine." she repeated. "what a handsome name for a handsome guy." i could see her look up at me and i was blushing. me? blushing? what is wrong with me. as if armelle read my mind she grinned, "is the guy germaine blushing?" the way my name rolls off her tongue. wow.

i sat back down and put a hand through my hair and leaned back, "i love it when you say my name."

she looked at me with her eyebrow quirked and a smile, "what? guy germaine?"

"your accent. it's so beautiful." now it was her turn to blush. i caught it right away and commented, "is the armelle chardin blushing?"

"shut up."

recoiling from her small push, i grinned, "never."

authors note!
them <3
this is kinda just a rewrite of the first chapter, but in guy's pov :)
anyways i hope you're enjoying the story so far!!
i'm actually having fun writing, i love it

1200 words