Chapter 8

Sam sat with her best friends Charles Wallace and Calvin.

"You did the right thing having Meg operate on Chad" said Charles Wallace.

"Does he really have appendicitis?" said Calvin.

"Yeah. I really didn't wanna do this" said Sam.

"Well, you did" said Calvin.

"Appendicitis, Murray's operation anniversary... this is a banner night for the hospital" said Charles Wallace.

Sam sat down and sighed.

"What is it with December and the hospital? I should be with Murray right now but instead I'm stuck here helping Meg's new boyfriend" she said.

"I'm not sure they confirmed that they're a couple yet" said Charles Wallace.

"Well, they have everything in common. Chad said he's this close to being a brain surgeon" said Sam.

"Really?" said Charles Wallace.

"Yeah" answered Sam.

"He IS perfect for Meg" said Calvin.

"That's what I said" said Sam.

"Hey. You aren't in Actorville now, so you could give Muzz a call and he can visit us" said Calvin.

"I guess" said Sam.

"Go on. You'll end up spending the anniversary with him after all" said Charles Wallace.

Sam called the Wiggles and had them come to the hospital.

They arrived and Sam cried on Murray's shoulder. Just like she'd wanted to do all day.

"Hey. We wound up together on my anniversary after all" said Murray.

"Yeah. I'm still convinced Chad gave himself appendicitis to make me feel better" said Sam.

"If he did, I'm glad. Because now I'm with you" said Murray hugging his wife.

Sam smiled and hugged Murray back.

"I love you so much" she whispered.

"I love you too" Murray whispered back.