Chapter 10

"Why were you so afraid to tell me how you felt on the ship?" said Meg.

"Because I was still upset about Jill" said Chad.

"You could have told me that. I mean, the Wiggles are good shoulders to cry on. Their clothes always smell like fruit salad so it's not a problem" said Meg.

Chad laughed and said "Maybe I could have. But our divorce was a very traumatic experience".

He was about to cry when he said the last part.

"Really?" said Meg.

Chad took off his glasses and wiped away a tear. 

"How bad was it?" said Meg.

"Really bad. When I first told her I loved her, she didn't respond kind. I was expecting the same response from you" said Chad.

"Oh... sweetie, I am nothing like that woman" said Meg.

"I think we've covered that" Chad cried.

Meg gave Chad a hug for comfort. Then she smiled and put his glasses back on for him.

And, for once in her life, Meg was the first to lean in for a kiss.

Chad loved Meg so he kissed back. 

"The guys were telling me nonstop that I was perfect for you. And now that I know we're both somewhat medical, it's really true" said Meg.

"Well? Perhaps we could be together. It might help me recover twice as fast" said Chad.

Meg laughed at the statement.

"Come on, Meg. Don't let Sam's brother stop you from living. Would you be my girlfriend?" said Chad.

Meg hesitated then said "Yeah" with a shy smile.

She and Chad kissed again.

"I gather this made your night better?" she said.

"Yeah. I hope Sam's night improved too. I just feel so sad for her" said Chad.

"Me too" said Meg.