﹙002﹚

CHAPTER TWO
( to leave out. )

" - I can't believe mother and father hadn't let us use the master's the one time you've visited, Marcus." Draco drawls on once more, a deeper scowl present on his face.

The Malfoy boy ran a hand through his platinum blonde hair. Despite it happening a few weeks before, Draco still hasn't let go of it. To him, it must have been something rather important.

It must be, but not much with Marcus. Although used to meeting up in the Masters room every time he and his family visited the Malfoy Manor, he never really liked it. Meeting up there, he means.

It felt as if he was invading Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy's privacy. Even if the married couple wasn't there.

Sighing, Marcus looked at his blonde acquaintance, taking in the subtle fear in Draco's eyes. The blonde surely does have the will to be this way with Hogwarts.

Safe as the place is, it is anything but.

"Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy - as well as my mother have told the both of us, Draco," Marcus sighed before watching a book fly up back to its rightful spot.

He continues, not looking back at him. "the room is occupied. And I fail to see reason why we would need it."

Draco rolled his eyes. "We always meet up there, Marcus." he reasoned, and to the Reginald boy, it seemed pretty valid. But he only shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. "why stop now?"

"Because it is an invasion of privacy?" said Marcus. It sounded more as a question as he thought more into it.

"They never complained." Draco said flatly, looking at his friend who avoided his eyes.

The usual Keith Marcus Reginald and his avoidance of eye contact. Or any contact.

Marcus hummed and gestured for the other blonde to drone on and on again. He couldn't think of anything to say after that one.

Focusing more into his books... He needed to return the other ones he borrowed. The deadline was today, and he didn't want Madam Pince to tell him off.

He got a warning once and it was enough for him to nearly piss in his underwear at how intimidating the library woman was.

"Just when I have made prefect - " Draco drawled once more and only when Marcus heard that fifth year was their unlucky year did he look at him.

"We couldn't have exactly do anything about it." said Marcus, returning the last book as they passed a Gryffindor witch on the way out.

But Marcus opted to stay a bit longer just in case.

"That is your parents' room - they have rights to say it is occupied." Marcus says once more, the Malfoy boy huffing shakily.

"Besides, it would be rather frightening to open those doors and see that as the first." he paused and glanced at Draco, eyes slightly narrowed. "Your father would be furious."

Marcus turned to search for his new set of books while Draco stayed silent in thought. It was better at least.

That way he wouldn't hear the blonde's complaining as much. He wished he had the guts to say it out loud like Theodore.

The Nott boy doesn't have any care if he's rude or ignorant.

"What's frightening with seeing that?"

"I seem to be wrong with my wording there," said Marcus tersely. His shoulders tensed, hazel eyes glancing at the blonde who crossed his arms.

"I actually meant him."