﹙001﹚

CHAPTER ONE
( drop down. )

The rowdy boys with green and silver robes as their uniforms walked down each compartment. They talked and passed, ignoring the looks they received from a plethora of students.

Some whispered, some pointed, some glanced at them funnily as if they were comical in a way. But they were Slytherins, what's comical about them?

Perhaps only one, at the front.

A blonde Slytherin was first up front, and it was Draco Malfoy. Face morphing into a scowl at every glance of a Half-Blood or Muggleborn.

And two rather big and tall in height trailed behind, Gregory Goyle and Vincent Crabbe. They reciprocate the annoyed looks thrown at them for their loudness, thinking that they were jealous.

Nobody was jealous of them.

Another boy with the same unkempt hair as Marcus was fourth in the group. Theodore Nott.

Hands stuffed in his pockets, face resting with boredom at the chatter of the blonde Malfoy. His eyes glanced at anyone but the group themselves. Mostly at his crinkled robes or the candy from the trolley farther from them.

He has a galleon ready to buy some licorice wand.

Came in fifth in the group was a dark skinned boy, Blaise Zabini. His own pair of eyes glancing to the person behind him every so often.

And the said person was none other than Keith Marcus Reginald himself. A shy and meek boy that would rather be known as simply Marcus.

The last of the group fiddled with his loose, green tie. Eyes anywhere but his company, much like Theodore who already walked past the group to buy his sweets.

Every so often Marcus would look at Blaise who raised an eyebrow at his subtly changed behaviour.

Marcus would be much more upfront, but now, it seemed like he was more fidgety and shrunken. Out of all of them he and Blaise have the closest relationship.

Why, they consider themselves as friends. Even if they were forced to, at first. All Purebloods must know and befriend one another. Stick to their kind, they were told.

Marcus, at first, did anything but that. His initial thoughts were to stay away, feeling immense discomfort that he would have to be around arrogant snobs like his father.

Yet when Blaise Zabini came along and introduced himself with Butterbeer in his sentence, Marcus already liked him.

And Blaise liked the somewhat chatty voice of Marcus whenever creatures were involved.

So, Blaise started to disapprove of the dark-blonde's sudden silence. And he opted to strike up a conversation with a reserved Marcus.

"How was your summer holidays, Marcus?" Blaise asked, seeing the boy perk his head up at the call of his name.

His eyes stared at the Zabini boy's, confused. And it looked faraway, but that was a usual.

Yet Marcus' hands started to fidget more, feeling eyes on him. Nothing new, but he felt much colder just thinking of it.

He flicked his tie and snapped his fingers, glancing to his left and inside a compartment where his own hazel eyes met with observant brown ones of a brown haired girl.

Marcus did everything to avoid those eyes on him. Anything to have them not look at him like he was some sort of anomaly. But not this time.

"The usual..." said Marcus, glancing away to see the expectant eyes of his friend.

Blaise pursed his lips at the reply.

"But quite a bit more... surprises, from mother and father."

Marcus never really got any sort of surprises for him in his entire life.