17. Give me some energy

Erica

Tuesday, 11am, and I just came to the studio. Verneri was already there, and he looked much better than yesterday. I'm still confused, why he was drinking at sunday night, he knew he had work on monday. Don't understand. He was also at the bar in saturday with his friends. What is going on? Is he alright?
"Morning." I greeted Verneri while he was sitting behind the counter.
"Morning." He answered, he lifted his head up to look at me. But he didn't smile or anything.
I left my stuff to the backroom and then searched my papers from the counter, next to Verneri.
"Feeling better?" I then asked. He just nodded and took a sip of coffee.
I looked him quickly, and then I started to prepare my working place to my client who is coming in twenty minutes.

"You want to go to eat someday..?" I then heard Verneri asking. That made me freeze for a moment, until I turned around to look at him. He just sat there, waiting for an answer.
"Like.. eat?" I asked stupidly, like I didn't hear what he said.
He just grinned and chuckled.
"Yes. To eat. Would you?" He smiled. I was glad to see him smile.
I thinked for a moment.

"Yes." I answered and his smile got even bigger.
"Great. Is friday okay?" He asked. I nodded and he nodded too.

I was visiting at the grocery store after my work, it was 5pm. I got everything I needed and headed to pay them. After that I carried all the stuff to my car and hopped in.
After a while I was home and I gave food to Ville. I was almost starting to make some food myself, but someone rang my doorbell. I walked to the door and opened it, I got shocked.

"Sanni..?" I asked, still shocked. That blonde haired woman, a little shorter than me, is my cousin. She moved to Norway five years ago because of her studies, and we haven't seen each other in a long time. She's couple years older than me, and his father is my father's brother. We were always close cousins, even if we didn't seen each other that often when we were young.
But it has been a long time since we even talked, are we close anymore? Do we get along? In the end, we're still two very different persons who likes different things.
"Hi Erica, I wanted to suprise you!" Sanni smiled excited and she came to hug me.
After that she took her shoes and jacket off and walked further to my apartment.
She looked every corner and even found Ville somewhere, so she petted him.

"Uhm.. I was about to make some food, are you hungry?" I asked from the kitchen.
"I'm dying of hunger! I can come to help." She answered and then came to the kitchen. She looked suprised.
"I love this kitchen! Oh my god say you do food every day in here, I would die for a kitchen like this!" She talked excited and that made me chuckle a little.
"Not every day, but often." I smiled.
Sanni loves cooking, and I don't. That's the first thing how we separate from each other.
Sanni was always good at school, she didn't even had to work for school, she was just naturally good at it. I don't know how.
And I was bad, very bad. Not that I wasn't even interested of my grades and so on. I just didn't care.
She still lives in Norway, and I don't think that she's going to move from there. From the past she dated a lot different guys, short times. She partied a lot and she has many friends, because she's very positive and social.

"So.. how is it going?" I asked while we cooked.
"Perfect! Life is smiling and I have amazing work, my friends in Norway are also the best. Is it fine if I stay here this night? Tomorrow I'm going to meet my friends in here, we haven't seen in a long time." She answered. I agreed that she can stay here.
Sometimes when she's getting excited, she talks fast. I don't know where that positive energy comes from, I'm very calm and pessimistic, so I wouldn't mind if I would get her energy a little bit too.

"But how's your life?" She asked then.
"Good. I'm finally doing what I really want, and this feels sometimes unreal." I smiled and she nodded.

We ate in the living room and watched tv at the same time, but I listened more of her talking.
"Have you met anyone here?" She smirked. That made me smile a little.
"You have?" She asked excited.
"I don't know.. I mean.. we are just friends." I said and she just grinned.
"Do you have anyone?" I looked her. She just shook her head.
"No. Haven't met a guy who would be my type. Only one night stands, you know." She explained and I nodded.
Then my doorbell rang again, I put my plate to the table and walked to the door.
I opened it, and for my suprise there stood Aleksi.

"Hi.." I said quietly, but still it echoed down the stairwell.
"Hi.. sorry for not being in touch.." He answered shyly. I just gave him a small smile.
"Is it a bad moment? We should talk." He asked.
I looked quickly behind me, and then Aleksi again.
"Actually my cousin just came here.." I said and he nodded. He was about to leave, but I gathered my courage and opened my mouth.
"We can still talk. I can come to your place or come to mine. She does not bother."
Aleksi turned around and he clearly thinked for a moment.
"Okay." He smiled a little and then walked back, so I guess we talk here.
He closed the door behind him and left his stuff there, I walked to the living room.
"Sanni, my friend came here and we talk a little in my room." I said and she just nodded while still eated and watched tv.

Aleksi followed me to my bedroom, I clearly saw how Sanni looked him up and down.
Why?
I closed the door behind me and Aleksi sat on the edge of the bed. I sat next to him.
"So.. the night we got drunk.." He started and was clearly nervous. I was too.
"What do you think about it? That kissing?" He continued. My hands started to sweat.
"It doesn't bother me." I answered, looking my hands.
I lifted my head up to look at him. His hair covered his eyes again.
"What about you?" I asked.
He shook his shoulders.
"I guess it doesn't bother me either." He fixed his hair and looked me. I nodded.

"So, we're all good?" I asked.
"Of course, it doesn't have to affect to.. us." Aleksi said and pointed us.
I smiled and nodded again, he smiled too. I missed that smile.
"And I'm sorry that I haven't texted or anything." He then apologized.
"Don't be. It's my fault too. But let's just move on, the world doesn't end in this." I said and he smiled.
"Let me drive you tomorrow at work, it's the least I can do." He smirked and I nodded smiling.
"Okay." I think I blushed a little, at least those butterflies tried to make my body crazy.
Why that man has to be so.. kind? And such an gentleman? He has fallen straight from the heaven, I'm sure about that.

As we walked out of the bedroom, Aleksi walked to the front door.
"See you tomorrow then." He smiled.
"See you, bye." I smiled too and he then left.
I took a seat back to the couch next to Sanni, I started to eat again. She just stared at me.
"What?" I asked amused.
"That man.. wow." She said and I looked her confused for a moment.
"What do you mean?" I asked as I watched the tv.
"Nothing.. just good looking." She answered and stood up to get her dishes away.
What is happening? Don't tell me that Sanni is going to be a problem. She has talent to get every man she wants.
-
-
-
-
-
-
So, cousin came to visit. Is she going to stay a little longer, or will she leave right away in the morning?🤔
And Verneri asked Erica to go eat with him, what is that man trying to do? Is Aleksi playing this game good enough?
Thank you for reading this story!
Votes and comments are also making me very happy <3
Have a good day, stay strong and safe🖤