3

Nyx's POV

"No!" I cried out as I rushed over to her with tears already falling from my eyes. I couldn't believe the sight before me.

Amara was laying on the floor in a pool of blood, her own blood. I fell to my knees beside her and lifted her.
"What happened baby?" I asked, "What happened to you?"

"It's the Beta." She coughed and trickles of blood came out of her mouth, "It was when he kicked me."
I didn't say anything. I quickly rushed to the mattress and laid her on it. I couldn't take her to the pack doctor as we were denied medical access and I couldn't heal her myself.

I smoothed her blonde hair to the side and caressed her face as I watched it get paler, she was getting weaker and she kept coughing the spurts of blood coming from her mouth. I lifted her shirt up and saw that she had a gash like wound on her torso.

How dare he do this to our pup?! Hera growled, I will fucking end him.
Calm down Hera, I said to her, we have got to find a way to get her healed first and I don't know what to do.

Hera went silent for a while and I continued gazing at Amara. She got sick often ever since she shifted at the age of three. The rigorous process of shifting had weakened her a lot and it turned out that she was just a silver wolf like me but unlike her, I hadn't experienced premature shifting.

That's it! Hera said, Tell her to communicate with her wolf to help her heal, I am sure that will work.

Let's try it, I agreed with Hera and moved to sit Amara up.

"Baby..." I said to her leaning her against the wall.

"Yes, Mommy." She smiled weakly at me, "I feel so woozy." She said, "Am I going to die? Am I going to meet grand mama up there?"

"No, baby." I shook my head crying at her words, "You are not going to die, you are going to live for me, you will be okay."

"The Beta's mate said I was going to die." She sniffed.

"No baby, you won't." I took her face in my hands, "I want you to do something for me baby."

"What is it mummy?" She asked and I smiled at her thinking of how smart she was for her age, I knew she could do this.

"I want you to talk to your wolf, Cora." I said to her, "I want you to tell Cora to help you heal."

"Okay mummy but Cora feels tired just like me."

"That is why I want you to try so you wouldn't feel tired anymore."
She nodded and went silent for a while as she talked to her wolf. Soon enough I saw her straining herself meaning she tried to heal. I raised her shirt up looking at the wound and I saw it close up gradually. My face lit up in a smile.

"You did it, you both did it." I shook her face playfully, "Now I want you to cough to see if there is blood." She did it and there was no sign of blood.

"You see..." I hugged her tightly, "You are okay baby."

She nodded at me with a smile, "I am hungry."

My face fell at her words and I looked back to the trampled pancakes on the floor, they were not edible in this state, "Love, I don't think there will be food tonight."

"I understand mummy." She lay down on the bed, "I will go to sleep now..."

"Mummy will get you something to eat tomorrow, okay?"

"Yes." She nodded, "And one day we will live in a big house with plenty of food and maybe I can get a daddy, it will be fine and we will be happy." She giggled exposing her lost tooth gap. She looked so angelic despite the grime covering her face with her roughed up and bloodied clothes.