4

Nyx's POV

Mate? I questioned staring at the huge black wolf taking in his scent as he watched us intently.

Mate! Hera wagged her tail in excitement and instantly dashed towards him.

Hera no! I tried to stop her but it was too late, she had reached him now, he was much taller and huger than we were and she moved closer to him nuzzling his neck with ours.
Sparks! We felt them as our furs met and Hera purred in pleasure, I could sense the wolf tense and the other warriors growl watching us.

"Back down mutt!" The huge wolf barked at us causing us to whimper in shock and withdraw away from him.

What is going on? He's our mate! Hera sobbed, he hates us? What is happening again Nyx?

I don't know, I said to her as I saw his dark house blaze with anger. He snarled at us causing Hera to jump back again and then he began to pace towards us menacingly with his snarls worsening.

He was very close to us and got us cornered near a tree when he stopped and looked like he was fighting within himself, "Shift mutt!" He growled.

Hera growled back at him not minding the powerful aura coming from him.

What the hell are you doing? Challenging him? He would kill us! I attacked her as I knew he would be extra powerful and it seems like we were playing with death if we disobeyed. I had never experienced such an aura before.

"I said Shift!" He snarled at us again and I forcefully took over Hera and shifted into my human form. He looked at me as I hid my face and tried to shield my nudity from him but I knew the other wolves there couldn't see me cause he was blocking me from their view.

"Your face!" He growled, "I want to see it!" I removed my hands coyly and watched as his eyes raked over my entire form and I felt very insecure and ugly knowing how my body looked like.

He doesn't want us, Hera howled in pain.

No one wants us Hera, I told her, No one.

"Shift back!" He barked again turning his face away from me and I shifted back into my wolf form feeling really hurt that he turned. I understood. I was too ugly and displeasing to look at, Alpha Titan had always said that.
If I was pretty and had nice unscarred skin, Alpha Titan would have wanted me and treated me right. Even this present mate of mine whom I didn't know his name would have too. If I was beautiful, he would have Nuzzled us back and not bark at us like we were some abomination.

Cora ran up to where we were and we all watched as the huge majestic black wolf went back to what seemed like his pack members. They all bowed as he reached them except one in particular. It was a white wolf and I knew she was female. She walked over to him prancing proudly and jealousy and hurt washed over Hera and I as she touched paws with him, he Nuzzled her and what seemed to be a grin appeared on her face before she stepped back.

He stood there and it looked like he was mind linking them and after a long while they nodded and began to move towards us.

The huge black wolf didn't follow, he just turned taking one last look at us before howling and sprinting into the other side of the forest and disappearing into darkness.

"You are coming with us filthy rouge!" The white wolf growled at us and Hera stepped back but that didn't do anything. They continued advancing towards us, "Step back one more time and I will end you and that miserable looking pup of yours!"

Cora whined hiding beneath us.
We didn't take any other step either toward or backwards. They moved to us barking out orders for us to move, we couldn't do anything than to obey and we followed them blindly as they led us to where we knew not.