Chapter 1

A tear rolled down his eye. He had just come home from school, and sat down on his bed, when he opened Instagram, and the first thing he saw was a story from his Ex. He clicked on it and there it was, a picture of her kissing her new Boyfriend.

He knew it was definitely over with her. He thought, maybe one day they would have bumped into one another and shared a word, but he just waited too long and now his chance has disappeared. "fuck him and fuck her" he whispered too himself. "How am I not even remotely over her and she's so far past me, that she's already ready for a new relationship? What did I do wrong? Why do I still have feelings for her? Why can't I move on like a normal human being?"

He got up, with tears still in his eyes, and left the room, leaving his phone behind, so he wouldn't be able to stare at pictures of Him and his ex Zara when they where still happily together. He knew it would make him even sadder. Gavin didn't feel like socialising with his family so he left the house, without saying goodbye, only leaving a note behind saying that he went walking in the nearby forest. Which was a lie, he had no idea where he wanted to go, so he just walked in the opposite direction of the forest, just because he felt like it.

He didn't get far before breaking down in tears next to the main road. Even though it was only 4°C outside, he just laid there, on the cold ground, with his hands covering his face and many cars passing by. He just didn't  care. He was so hurt, he didn't even care about getting home at some point. The pain he felt at this moment in time is indescribable.

He laid there for more than 2 hours, before noticing a car had stopped pretty close to him. His eyes had already run dry and his throat hurt from sobbing, and he didn't care to look up when he heard a familiar voice:

"Oi, Gavin! You alright there mate? What are you doing out here on the pavement while it's only 4 degrees out?"

He recognised whose voice it was straight away. It was his good mate, Jeremy.

"I could ask you the same thing idiot!" He replied with a croaky voice

"Theoretically you could, but I asked first, so tell me now, before I leave you out here to freeze."

Gavin didn't want to tell him the truth of why he was actually here, so he came up with a halfway believable lie: "Well, I was out walking, but I was so exhausted from earlier today, that I just thought I'd take a small break by sitting down."

"In these temperatures?!? Bloody hell, you're fucking mental mate. Probably need a ride home? You don't really look like your up to another 4 kilometers home."

"Yeah, you're probably right about that. Thanks mate." He sighed, his voice still a bit croaky, but he was feeling a bit better than before.

"No problem man."

He got in Jeremy's car and they drove of. They didn't talk much during the drive, they just sat there in silence. He was home pretty fast and Jeremy stopped just outside the house. He already said goodbye and was just about to get out of the car, when Jeremy stopped him.

"Hey mate, If you ever want to talk, or ever need anything, just give me a call, alright G?"

Gavin didn't really care though, because he knew he would never call him to tell him about his problems.

"Thanks man, appreciate it. See you around I guess?"

"Yeah, see you around"

Gavin got out, closed the door and watched him drive away while waving. He went in and went straight to the dining room, because it was already gone 7pm and his family sat down to eat dinner without him.

Later in bed, ready to sleep, he then decided to look at his phone before going to sleep. Which turned out to be a bad Idea. After only 3 Minutes he was already looking at pictures and Memories of him and Zara, and comparing those pictures with pictures of her and himself today. He had changed a lot, while she remained.
She was still so beautiful, her brown curly hair which always smelled mango fresh. Her cute and pointy nose, her soft and perfect lips, her cute chin, which he held while kissing her. Her soft and warm cheeks, and her smooth forehead, both on which he liked planting soft kisses. Her round shoulders on which he laid his head on. Her soft and small hands, which he held. Her arms, which held him tight while hugging her. Her waist, which he always held while making out with her. And last but not least, his favourite thing about her appearance, Her hazel brown eyes. Which he lost himself in multiple times, while talking, or just hanging out. He liked her eyes so much, everytime he closed his eyes, he would still see her eyes, full of love and joy looking back at him.

He really loved her, with all his heart.

With tears building up in his eyes, he knew, it was time to put his phone away, and sleep, hoping to see Zara in a dream tonight.

~912 Words~