Chapter 1

Italics = thoughts
————————————————————————

You woke up on Monday morning and knocked your blaring alarm onto the floor.

'Great. Monday means double potions, double Snape."

You groaned and stood up, letting yourself adjust to the dizziness of the morning before walking into the bathroom. You find some clothes and do your hair.

 You find some clothes and do your hair

This is the outfit you decide on. You shower and get dressed and pack your books in your bag.

Potions.. transfigurations.. astronomy and charms.. that's all of them.

You leave your dorm and walk to Potions, already mentally preparing yourself for Snape to call on you for almost every question he asked.
You walked into class, you were the first person there. However, Snape wasn't sat at his desk, where he would glare at everyone. Instead, it was a woman. A woman with a gorgeous green, floaty dress and the prettiest two toned hair falling on her shoulders.
"Good morning." she simply said as she noticed you stood there.

Who is this..?

"Uhm.. good morning Miss-"
"Mrs. Mrs Malfoy."
"Mrs Malfoy. Good morning Mrs Malfoy, may I ask where Professor Snape is?"
"I'm afraid I cannot tell you that."
"Right.."
You two stand there for a moment before you walk to your usual seat at the back, realising there is an extra desk next to yours, which there normally isn't. You don't question it because you've already had enough of her simple replies, instead you get out your potions book and finish up some homework.
After a few minutes, the rest of the class start rolling in and sitting in their usual seats, and a boy that you haven't seen before sits in the new desk next to you.
"Hello, i'm Bruno, who are you?"
"I'm y/n." you state, without looking up from your work.
"Well, y/n, it seems we will be working together quite a bit, i heard there are a lot of desk partner projects happening this semester!" he chirps.
"Cool." you answer, still working.
You hear someone clear their throat,
"If you two are done talking, I would like to start my lesson?"
This startled you a little and you look up to see Mrs Malfoy standing over you and Bruno, your face turns a little red with embarrassment and you look back at your work.
"Yes, Sorry Miss."
"Mrs Malfoy." she corrects you and then turns around and walks to her desk to begin the lesson.
You put your homework back into your bag and listen to her teach. Your concentration soon deteriorates, as you've never really found potions that interesting.
"Miss y/n. What colour is a shrinking solution supposed to be?" Mrs Malfoy asks you, after she noticed you starting to drift into a daydream.
You snap your head up and blink a few times before answering,
"Acid Green, Miss."
"Mrs. And that is correct."

She's stubborn. I like that.. Although, I hope Professor Snape is back soon.