Dinner At A Steak House

Chapter 5

At Dinner.

Oh I'm hungry my stomach is in protest to that. I laugh and both my parents smile. As I get out of the car I notice we are outside Steak King's the restaurant I come to with my parents on the regular as it's the best steak around. I feel my mouth water as I know the food here is amazing, we walk inside and get greeted by Layla the front desk worker and she takes us right to our normal table in the back booth near the kitchen. My parent found out when I was younger I loved to be able to watch them make the food so that was our normal table since.  We don't even get menu's as we always get the same thing and the cook knows all to well how we like it.  I however could never finish mine but always got to take it home with me.

I hear Layla yell at Joe that we are here and he comes out with our drinks. He gave me a cherry coke and both my parents got normal cokes. I smile and wave as he walks away without a word. And hear him yell into the kitchen at chef Michael we are here.  Just as he hears it Michael pops his head out the window and smiles at me

Chef Michael : hello Makayla
MaKayla : hello Michael

With a little wave he popped his head back in the kitchen and on with making food.

I look at my parents who are just sitting there and I notice a box on the table.

Makayla : mom what's that?
Mom(Jennifer) oh it's just something for you
Makayla: is it safe to open in here?
Dad(Josh) of course it is

I open the box to see a new cell phone I had asked for as well as a case that had a moon and night sky it was beautiful. I loved it and turned on the phone after putting it in the new case.

Welcome Makayla message popped on the screen. I swiped to unlock and it asked for a unlock code..

Makayla: Umm mom it's locked
Mom(Jennifer) of course it's locked hun. But you will understand why soon enough

Feeling angry then noticing I'm starting to over heat and breathe deep and set the phone down on the table. And my dad gives me my coke to drink. Their eyes never leaving me as I sip my coke. I wonder why everything is so cryptic these days but then I remember the letters and figure I have to keep myself safe and my parents.

Dinner comes and I am starving and eat all of the food which I found odd because there is so much more on the plate then I'm use to, a big steak plus rosemary potatoes and mushrooms and gravy and I ate it all. I feel so full.

Makayla : oh my gosh that was so good, thank you both for dinner. I don't think I have ever eaten that much before l, Should we head out now?

Dad(Josh) well if you want to yes but we thought we would go for a bit of a drive on the way back? If your up for it

Makayla: sounds fun let's go.

As we get up from the table I notice Michael sticking his head out of the kitchen with a small smile and a wave as well as Layla and Joe. I wave and head with my parents out the door. Not even noticing that my parents didn't pay for our meal before leaving and that my parents ate faster then me. May weather isn't normally this warm but for me I'm warm, I shake my head as I know I'm an overly warm person on the best of days. I just want to get in the car and relax as my stomach is full and I don't think walking will help.

As I climb into the car I notice a bag in the back with me and I just stare at it as it has the sun and moon on it.

Makayla - mom what is this bag?
Mom (Jennifer) oh it's here good
Makayla- umm how? Didn't you put it back here for me?
Mom(Jennifer) oh no that was dropped off while we had dinner.