both in pain-

Mia's pov
____________________________________

I couldn't erase the feeling of guilt. It was like carrying the world's weight on my shoulders. I couldn't even imagine how timmy had felt after what I said.

But I had to work. And If I didn't work, I wasn't paid. But it was the end of the night and I had just turned the power off.

Me:" See you tomorrow."

Keith:" Mia? Are you coming?"

Me:" what are you talking about?"

Keith:" the photoshoot?"

Me:" I thought that was next Thursday?"

Keith:" no, it's tonight. Is that okay.....?"

*a couple hours later*

I was late. I was supposed to be at timmy's play in a couple minutes. But I had to do this stupid photoshoot.

Timothée's pov
____________________________________

As the red light reflects onto my skin, I'm ready. I'm dressed, in character and ready to go. Everyone had taken their seats and I was gaining my confidence.

As I nodded to the technician, the lights were luminous. Unsure as to how this might go,The show must go on, and so I let it.

I walked out on to the stage, and here I was. Living MY dream.

Mia's pov
____________________________________

The band was all dressed in bright colours, with their instruments in hand. And the photographer was rambling on about things I chose to take no notice of.

Photographer:" oh yeah. That's lovely. LOVELY. Beautiful, beautiful....okay keyboard."

His camera was now facing me with rather minor comments added in when he felt like it.

Photographer:" okay, look up. Yep, that's good...okay, cut the music! Okay, can you bit your lip for me?"

Me:" what?!"

Photographer:" look, the quicker we do this, the quicker it's over. Now bite your lip!"

So I did.

Photographer:" come on?! Like you're concentrating."

This was getting out of hand. I began to grow impatient.

Photographer:" great, beautiful! Now move your glasses down a little bit. A bit more. Keep your head down, but look up at me. Look a little bit moody."

I didn't have to pretend to do that.

Photographer:" yeah. That's great. Great! Okay....turn the keyboard on. Play something! Play something! Anything! You're a pianist aren't yah?"

I let my hands flow across the notes. Playing the first thing that came to mind. The song I played when me and Timothée first met.

Photographer:" great. That's beautiful. Lovely."

I stopped for a moment.

Photographer:" no! Don't stop! Just keep playing."

Timothée's pov
____________________________________

This night was supposed to be the best night of my life. The one night I was able to do something that might improve my career and future. As the play ended, the lights for the audience turned on and she wasn't there!

Why did I even believe she'd show? Only a few people were there to view it. And now I sit here wondering If it was even worth it? Whether it changed anything?

As I sat in my dressing room, I looked in the mirror and started to well up. The people in the audience chatted away. I could hear everything. And some things, I was just not ready to hear yet, we're spoken without a care in the world.

My heart and sole went into this play and now I had started to question it. The theatre was now empty, and I was turning off the last light and began to pack up my things.

Mia's pov
____________________________________

I sped around the corner and pulled the hand break. I started to bang on every door and window, in hope that it hadn't ended.

Me:" TIMMY!"

a door opened and I turned around to see who it was.

It was timmy.

Me:" timmy. I'm so sorry. I just got caught up at work."

She opened her car door with no one words spoken.

Me:" I'm sorry."

Timothée:" oh, you're sorry?"

I tried getting closer but all he did was push me away.

Timothée:" you're sorry?"

Me:" I'll make it up to you. Let me make it up to you, okay? I don't blame you-"

Timothée:" it's over."

Me:" what is?"

Timothée:" it's over. It's over. I'm done embarrassing myself. I'm done....Nobody showed up."

Me:" so what?"

Timothée:" and I can't pay back the theatre."

I could see his tears spill down his cheeks.

Timothée:" I'm gonna go home for a while."

Me:" I'll come see you tomorrow."

Timothée:" no I'm going home, home."

Me:" this is home!"

Timothée:" no its not. Not anymore."

As he got in his seat and slammed the door. I felt my heart shatter into pieces.

As he drove away, I knelt to the floor. A tightening of my throat and a short intake of breath led me to a pain in my chest. My heart could not take this damage. A great sob escaped me, and I covered my face with shaking hands.

This went on for a while.