chapter one

-talking to the moon...bruno mars

-i never craved attention, until i tasted yours.

tonight was the perfect night the moon was full and lit up the ground beautifully. it was also warm outside, not like other nights where it was so cold that you'd have to be covered by at least two blankets. I grabbed a towel and quietly snuck outside closing the door slowly once I exited.

I heard someone open the door to their house so I started running so I wouldn't get caught. when I finally arrived at my destination I was tired and had to sit down for a while. the water of the river was as clear as crystal. it was beautiful, especially with the moonlight reflecting off of it.

I unclothed and slowly got into the water. the temperature was completely different from what it was outside of it, but I quickly got used to it. I emerged myself into the water hoping I could stay there forever. I didn't even bother to go back up for air. all my problems were floating away down the river. I was calm I was at peace, but then I heard a voice, a voice telling yelling for me to get up. something then pulled me up to the surface, I gasped for air.

'are you okay?' i opened my eyes and saw a boy standing in front of me. I felt dizzy, my head was spinning.

'i'm fine-' i tried to say, but then everything went dark.

-the next morning-

when I woke up I wasn't at the river anymore. I was in a bed, a bed that was not mine. I stood up and almost fell but I managed to save myself by grabbing onto a small table.

'oh thank goodness, your awake.' i heard someone say. I turned around and saw the same boy from last night standing in the doorway. he was holding a plate of arepas, he walked over and set them on the small table that I was holding onto. 'you should have one, you know, to retain your strength. my tia made them.' he explained. I took one, it was still warm. I took a bite and then instantly felt better.

'This is delicious.' i said, taking another bite.

'what were you doing out there, in the river.' he asked me.

'i don't know what you're talking about.' i responded, taking another bite of arepa. he then snatched the arepa out of my hand.

'you almost drowned.' he said. 'i had to pull you up from the water, and after that, you fainted. do you know how difficult it is to sneak someone into a house full of people who can't keep a single thing to themselves?'

'i almost drowned?' i asked, looking down at the floor. I looked up and then looked at the door. 'then you for helping me, but I must be on my way.' i said making my way to the door.

'wait you can't go out through there, theirs are too many people, they'll see you and think all the wrong things.' he explained to me.

'where am I supposed to go?' i asked. he pointed towards the window. 'the window, you went to go out the window-?!' he covered my mouth with his hand.

'shhh Dolores will you hear you, speak very, very quietly.' he then removed his hand from my mouth. 'casa can you please make a way down to the floor from my window?' he asked. the window opened and stairs started to form. I quickly crawled outside, but before I was out of sight the door slammed open.

a girl was standing there wide-eyed. 'oh my god you have a girl in your room.' she said.

'had a girl in my room.' he corrected. 'casa send her down.' the stairs then vanished and turned into a slide. I reached the ground and ran to my home.