01.𝓞𝖚𝖙 𝓞𝖋 𝓣𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝓦𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉

All drawings are made by Florence!! Go ahead and follow them!! Lav has done all the writing as well!! Their socials are in the account's bio!!

————————————————————

Ringing... The sound of ringing was all I heard. The incoherent noise coming from various sources was there as well. There was the high-pitched sound of the wheels coming from the nursing bed I was laying on. I also got a glimpse of some individuals with masks and gloves on.

The lights were flickering. At least they seem like they were... Maybe they weren't flickering and were just being constantly covered by those individuals' hands. How would I know anyway? My eyes are barely open. Wait, hands?

What's going on?

All I could remember was... I was with Bly in the supermarket, and someone started having the symptoms. I think I got hit by the virus! Yes, the virus that continually took countless lives within months. It could take away a person's life in less than an hour. You're really lucky if you survive. For others don't make it.

As I've started to think about these things, the atmosphere started to feel so cold, lifeless, and empty. What is this strange, identified feeling? Could it be fear? If so, is it the fear of dying alone? Maybe not, maybe the fear of not knowing what comes next? I should not even be thinking about this, but whatever this feeling could be... It feels unpleasant. Even so, this feeling all went away when I heard a familiar, soft voice calling out to me.
"Latil, Latil can you hear me, dear?"

The voice I've heard and grown to love ever since I was a newborn. The voice of a worried, endearing mother looking out for her child.

My eyes shuffled around the area, constantly looking for the concerned woman. And once I've found her silhouette, she came closer to me. At the exact moment her hazel brown eyes met mine, it felt like time froze right before my eyes. It felt like everything else slowly faded away and all I could hear was her soft, calming tone.

She scanned my pale face, my dim eyes that, she used to describe, used to be filled with joy and hope. She also noticed that the beautiful yellow flower that used to sit on my silky, short, white hair was gone. But disregarded that issue and started to say.

"Oh, my sweet child, I'll never leave you alone again. I swear, I will never leave you again. I'm so sorry. I should have stayed."

Her calming voice suddenly became shaky and brittle. As her eyes were beginning to water, my lips parted as I was about to speak. But nothing came out of them. Instead, tears came rolling down my cheeks as well. I'm not a child anymore, so why is she making me sound like I'm one? Why is she apologizing? My mother, who always held a smile, is now in tears as well?

She has never cried in front of me. And she never left me, if she did it isn't her fault, I'm already past 18 I can handle myself now. So what's she talking about?

As these questions slowly piled up in my head, one of her calloused hands, which she used to paint beautiful artworks with, started grazing my face.

"I'm so sorry. Please forgive me, for I was not there when you were in danger. I have failed to protect you. Please forgive m-me..."

She continued saying things that didn't make sense to me. None of this did. Shouldn't I be dead right now? If not, does it seem like I'm dying right now? Why is my mother apologizing to me?

I couldn't comprehend anything going on right now. This pent-up confusion made me feel light-headed. As my consciousness was drifting away, the faint sound of my mom's sobs, the sound of the doctors conversing with slight panic, and the sound of alarms were there. If only I had more time. However, it does not seem like I will be having even a bit more since everything turned dark afterward.

It felt like I have been placed in an endless void. And I was in the center of it... Just, floating. I never heard or felt anything. It was complete emptiness. So, this is death? I thought to myself. I've never expected it to be so... Calm?

Or so I thought.

This was when I came across a door that was made out of fine, dark wood. It had a small, golden doorknob. As well as designs of golden swirls on it. It surely looked ravishing for a random door, floating, in nothing but complete darkness.

It seems like this scenario is rather familiar though. Were these the gates, or rather a door, to heaven? I have imagined them to be larger but we do not presume things here. Or if such a thing as reincarnation existed, would it be the door that would lead me to a new life? Or maybe this is all just a dream that I've made up in my head due to confusion.

These things may be true or not. But, would I rather spend an eternity just staring at this door? It seems so tempting.

I wish Bly was here to help me out. He would know what to do. Maybe not, because he might start complaining about how I am such a child at heart. Since I would always rely on someone when it comes to making decisions. Especially, since it was my childhood, the best friend we're talking about.

However, this time it seems like I'll have to make the decision. I have some doubts about opening it. For sometimes, something so elegant and beautiful may contain danger on the other side.

I did make some predictions and their outcomes though. Some of them are, if I'll be coming back to our world, I'm sure I'd be happy. Even though, there is a virus going on. I would love to see my mom and best friend again.

If not... I'll just find my way back to them in my next life and apologize for leaving them. I'm pretty sure that I've said something to my mom before I ended up here... Though I couldn't recall what. No matter, I still love her so much. As well as Bly and my cat named, Lyn. I've lived with them for my entire life. I would never want to let go of them.

What if this door is to deceive me and bring me to the underworld or something? "Just because it's pretty doesn't mean you can trust it.", my mom always quoted.

Lastly, what if it doesn't lead anywhere and was just placed here for the design? Nonetheless, I've always been known for taking risks. And this time this will be the biggest one yet. Even so, whatever happens, is something I may never regret or the opposite.

After I had gathered my thoughts, I slowly turned the doorknob, clockwise, as I slowly pushed the door open. The darkness was slowly being filled up with light as the door opened. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the sudden brightness. But when everything seemed clear to me, and the door was wide open, everything seemed so

out of this world.