GUZAARISH

He unveils the face of his newly wed wife. A bolt from the blue striked the pratap family, specially Veer to see priyashi. Land slipped off his feet to notice the currency garland around her neck - evidently, she became a Molkki bride.

Priayshi reveals that she can't ruin her life, so she married a suitable man. Afterall, they both were ill treated by the same members.

*
Veer asked in frustration - priyashi ji, aapko ye sab karne ki kya zaroorat thi?

Priyashi : Kya galat kiya humne Veer? aapki shaadi to humari dii ne sudha se karwa di. An aage hum kya karte? Apni zindagi yun hi barbaad hone dete?

Veer : Par apne ye Molkki.... Kyo?? Aur ye abhi bhi Nandu ka pati hai...🤬

Priyashi : kisi ki Molkki banne ke liye uska kuwaara hona zaroori nhi hai Veer. Humne sahi kaha naa Mukhi ji? Itna sab hone ke baad jab Aarav ne hume propose kiya, to humne haa kar di. Aakhir burai hi kya hai unme? Acche pariwaar se hai, hume khush rakhega... aur kya chahiye hume?

Veer and Nandani Were evidently shocked.

Nandini : Aarav tum itna gir jaaoge maine socha bhi nhi tba. l'll file for divorce ASAP. Priyu, tumhe ye MOLKKI accept nhi karni chahiye thi.

Priyashi :(She looked Pointedly at Purvi) Humne kisi ko Molkki se maharani bante dekha hai. To socha kyu naa apni kismat bhi azmaa le.....!!

Priyu and Aarav bore absolutely crook expressions. They were here her a task - of portraying Purvi as a witch, who caused this ruckus. And undoubtedly they succeeded. Purvi was framed guilty.

*
[Priyu and Aarav depart]

*

Veer shouted in exasperation and sabotgated the objects nearby. All eyes were on Purvi.

Nandini : Ye sab tumhari Wajah se horaha hai. Tum meri aur mere bhai ki zindagi par grahan ho Purvi. Na tum mahaan banne ki kohish me meri shaadi karwaati aur na ye din aata. (She lookes scornfully)

Veer : Mai Priyashi se pyaar karta tha ye jaante hue bhi apne meri shaadi sudha ji se karwa di. Dekh liya nateeja? Aapki wajah se aaj woh apki tarah MOLKKI ban gyi hai. You spoiled our lives.

N and V : WE HATE YOU.....!!

They looked repulsively at her and left angrily. One by one everyone left.

Purvi was standing, her hands and body completely frozen. She was hurt. The family which meant the most to her, have announced her to be a traitor. All she wanted was love, but what she got was pure hatred. Tears didn't leave her eyes alone. She wanted condolence, solace and hope. Any women would look upon her man to provide her strength at such fragile time. So did she! She looked at Vir Who was sitting on the couch - visibly shaken and stressed. She took baby steps towards him. She wanted to hold his hand, cry on his Shoulder and hear him saying "Stop crying. I trust you. You won't do wrong to my family on purpose. Things will fall in place. l'm with you..."Little did she knew that her fate is going to be more cruel on her.

Instead of getting a warm composure, she saw a stern look on Vir's face. "Wahi ruk jaaaa...." He said on a cold voice. This hurt her more.

Vir : "key bigada tha manne ya mere pariwaar ne thara jo tune itna bada dukh de diya hum sab ne?"

Purvi : Mukhi jii.....(She was hell shocked) kam se kam aap to...!!

Vir : (Cutting her off) aaj thare se zyaada pachtaawa manne ho rha hai. Pachtaawa is baat ka ki kaash tu meri zindagi me aayi hi na hoti. Kaash Teri Molkki na hui hoti mere ta, kaash tere saath mera yo rishta naa judaa hota.... Kaash manne thare se pya... (He stopped, not wanted to use the word 'love' for her) na hua hota. Aaj mai bhagwaan se yaahi mangta hu ki woh manne fir se akele jeevan jeene ka mauka de... Taki kam se kam mai tere gunaaho ki sazaa se to azaad ho saku. Meri, mere pariwaar ki khushiyon ko chheen kar naa jaane kis chiz ki keemat li hai tune...!!

Purvi's mouth fell open. She was trying to comprehend "tu meri zindagi me aayi hi naa hoti". Vir was still speaking/badmouthing about her existence in his life, but none of the sounds made thier way to her ears anymore. She became a cold statue - wandering. She has been a strong spirited girl always, wishing for everyone's welfare prior to hers. But what she got in return? Hate? Distrust? Loneliness? Pain?

Her life was never a bed of roses, but she never complained. But today, she cursed herself, her fate, her kanhaji. Why can't she be loved unconditionally? Why no one trusts her? Why does she finds herself alonw in a bad situation every time? Is she too bad to be loved back the way she does? Doesn't she deserves care and compassion like other ordinary people?

The man she loved the most, had disgraced her or disowned her in a way. Why was she here? Still standing to hear more curses on her name? She quietly made her way to the staircase. In a trance - she walked away.

Vir was annoyed at her departure. There was more left for him to speak, but she was done!! He didn't bother to look at her, where she was heading to. He say there in silence... pondering over the past incidents. And after a considerable time he too left for his room. Unconsciously, he had assumed Purvi to be there. But much to his dismay, she wasn't. Once again She turned down his expectations. He didn't give a darn though and close the door behind.

*

*

Meanwhile, Sudha was standing in the corridor upstairs. She had Overheard the one sided conversation of Vir from behind a pillar. Perhaps, the only one in the haveli who still had complete faith on purvi. She didn't intervene, thinking it was a matter b/w a man and his wife. But deep inside, she too was hurt by Vir's behavior. An unbiased and wise mukhiya is not supposed to lash out with such harsh words on his wife.

She saw Purvi heading Upstairs, to a vacant room. Purvi was staring at the ground, not blinking at all. Sudha knew by looking at her face that she had faced the worst ever time of her life. Purvi shut the door, not knowing sudha stood at some distance.

Sudha : Hum jante hai tujhe bohor chot pahuchai hai aaj sabne. Par tu dekhna, jab sabko ehsaas hoga apni galati ka to sab tere paas fir se laut aayege. Aaj ki raat tujhe tere saath chod dena hi sahi hoga. Subah baat karenge hum tujhse Purvi... (She prayed)

*
*
Purvi broke down on the floor. She didn't have any courage to hold on even for a second more. A completely broken soul she was. She cried her heart out, Shouted, cursed hed luck, banged her hand and What not...!! She cried until she could no more. She had lost her "jeene ki wajah" in one blow. She felt empty, void of all emotions. No one regarded her efforts, her sacrifice or her love. She was called a 'step mom' 'destroyer' 'a bad women's ' an evil women' and What not. She cried over her poor fate.

She gathered some Strength and took a pen and paper. She wrote something on it and unlocked the door. She walked to the room Which once belonged to her and Vir. Vir was probably asleep, he rested turning his back to the side Where She used to sleep.

Purvi moved to the dressing table. She looked at her dark reflection in the mirror "humari zindagi me bhi iss waqt aisa hi andhera chhaya hua hai". she removed her Mangalsutra. Using her MS and vermillion box as a paper weight, she clipped her handwritten letter on the table. She looked back at Vir "Aapki Guzaarish zaroor puri hogi Mukhi ji" Her eyes bore in pain. She took some of her selected belongings, packed them and left....

*
Wo Mohabbat bhi teri thi

Wo nafrat bhi teri thi

Wo apnapan, aur thukrane ki adaa bhi teri thi

Apni mohabbat ka insaaf hum kisse maangte?

Wo sheher bhi tera tha, wo adaalat bhi teri thi !!

*
Perhaps, the nature cried on her fate too. It was heavily raining. Purvi walked away from the haveli under the midnight dark sky which was intermittently lit by lightning.

"Hum aap sab ko apni shaqal kabhi nhi dikhayegen"

Continued...!! 😊